Chapter Thirty-Four

Something was on my neck, and I smiled realizing it was Kane's lips. He kissed up my neck and then on top of my head, "Your aim is off again." It came out slightly mumbled.

"Sorry, did I wake you?"

"Yes, but if that's how you're going to wake me, I might sleep more."

"I'm sorry to wake you, you just looked so peaceful and gorgeous."

"So you decided to ruin it?"

"Yeah, pretty much. But it was worth it for the look on your face when you were waking up."

"What was the look on my face?"

"You had a smile that made you look younger and free. You looked overly happy, and full of joy."

"Really?"

"Yes," he whispered in my ear before kissing back down my neck, "That face, right there," he whispered again as he kept kissing my neck.

"I am overly happy. This is a great way to wake up," 'It beats the shaking and yelling.'

"Well, you might have to sleep more because if you keep making that face I'm going to keep waking you up."

"I like how you wake me up."

He smiled and kissed my lips, it was soft and gentle, with a playful side and when we pulled away he had a mischievous face.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You take my breath away."

"Sorry about that, seems to happen a lot."

He laughed and pulled me close, "Good thing you're my oxygen supply too then."

"Yeah, good thing."

His face hadn't changed though.

"What is it Kane?"

"What?"

"You're making a weird face."

He didn't say anything and his face became more playful.

"Kane?"

"Dani."

"Don't even think about it."

"What if I already have?"

I jumped off the couch and ran to the door, I grabbed my coat and shoes and ran out the door, luckily the elevator was open and I stepped in right before it closed. I put my coat and shoes on and hit the button for the second floor.

When I got to the second floor, the doors opened and I let them close again. I hit the button for Jaz's floor and waited as I went back up. When I got there I opened the door and walked in, luckily it hadn't been locked.

I took my coat and shoes off and laid down on the couch.

I was hovering in a corner, knees up to my chest, arms around my legs as he paced. I had been here about a week and all he did was pace, he would tie me up before leaving and untie me wen he got home. He barely fed me and I hadn't had a drink in days.

'I just want to go home. This doesn't happen to people like me.'

He walked closer and I screamed as he picked me up.

"We talked about this, no noise."

"Let me go!" I yelled as he dropped me.

"I said to he quiet," he yelled, right before he hit me, for the first time. My head snapped to the side and I fell to the floor.