Chapter 17

Danny hurt everywhere. It had been a long time since he had taken a beating like that before. She had said that she was single, and he knew he shouldn't have believed her. Guess he kind of deserved that then Danny thought to himself as he began to slowly open his eyes. He had no idea where he was and he had a massive headache to the point of not being able to open his eyes from very long because the light hurt his eyes. But he was able to adjust to the pain and the light after a couple more tries. Danny managed to be able to sit up just as the school nurse walked in. It was then that Danny realized that he was still at the school.

"Hello Danny," the nurse said to him as she closed the door behind herself. "How are you feeling?"

"How'd I get here? How long was I out for?" Danny asked avoiding the nurse's question. He touched the bandaged spot on his head gingerly.

"Oh, a tall and nice young man came and dropped you off, I think he's from the basketball team. Anyway he had said that you had slipped while getting into the showers and you've only been out for 10 minutes since you got here," the nurse replied as she stood next to the bed. "I was honestly worried that I may have to take you to the hospital if you were out for too much longer."

Danny thought that the nurse seemed like a bit of an air head to believe that story that she was told. Danny had a good idea as to who had taken him here as well, and the irritation just made his head hurt more. Danny sighed and began getting out of the bed that he was laying in. The nurse seemed like she wanted to protest but Danny was no longer in the mood to play nice, especially considering that he was in pain. He thanked her before letting the door to the office close behind him.

As soon as Danny was away from the office he could feel the heat rise immediately to his face. Danny wrapped his arms around himself. In his mind he could still feel the warmth of Sebastian's arms around him. Danny was fine with having sex with people because that was pretty much meaningless to him by this point. But he has never been kissed or been more cutely intimate, like cuddling or holding hands or hugging, with another person. That kind of small stuff made Danny so embarrassed and shy. 

Danny hadn't really been held by someone that was even relatively close to his own age. Mostly though it was due to the fact that he wasn't a fan of that kind of affection after his elder brother had died. His parents had blamed him for his brother's death even though they still hadn't told Danny or Philip how he had died. Danny figured that they were right and that that kind of love was not something that he needed if people were only going to get hurt in the end.

Once Danny had managed to calm down enough that his blush was not noticeable, he headed for the front doors of the school. He figured that he still had a bit of time left before he had to head home, so he was going to have a smoke before catching a cab back home. Danny pulled a smoke out of the pack and stepped away from the door to light it, but quickly ducked back when he noticed a figure sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall of the school not 10 feet from him. Danny was surprised to see that it was Sebastian, who was sitting on the ground with his head in his hands. Was he crying?

Danny stays in his hiding spot as he watches Sebastian wipe his eyes with the back of his hand before he slowly gets to his feet and walks into the parking lot towards one of the only remaining cars. Once Danny was sure that he was gone he cautiously walked out of his hiding spot with the smoke still hanging  from his mouth. Suddenly Danny had lost his appetite for a smoke and put it back into the package. He looked into the package and realized that he was going to have buy a new one soon since he was down to his last five smokes.

Danny walked towards the main road and looked around for a cab that he could hail in order to get back to his house and check on his brother. It took a couple tries but he managed to get a ride to a house that was a couple down from his actual house. Danny paid the cabby in cash and walked the rest of the way down to his house. He suddenly got very nervous when he saw that his parent's car was already in the driveway. They were never home this early, this was not good.

Danny hesitantly walked in the front door and was met by his very rarely sober parents. They were both running around cleaning and making the house actually look nice. His mother noticed his presence after he had closed the door behind him. His mother glared at him but continued what she was doing.

"Go get dressed! We are having some very important guests over tonight and I don't need you to screw this up for us!" his mother grumbled to him as she finished what she was doing and walked away. Danny had no idea what was going on but went up to his room anyway and threw on his best dress shirt, his best pair of dark wash jeans, and a pair of dress shoes. He went to the bathroom and cleaned up his face and hair. Danny peeled the bandage off his forehead, rinsed it, dried it, and then got out some cover up from under the sink to try to hide the bruises on his face.

Danny came back down stairs once he was completely dressed. Then there was a knock on the door just as he had gotten back to the living room. I wonder who the guest that we are having over is? They must be pretty important for both of his parents to be sober and cleaning the house.

"I got it!" Danny called as he went to answer the door. Danny made sure to put on his best smile as he pulled open the door to greet the guests. Danny's smile faltered as he saw who was on the other side of that door. He was surprised to say the least that on the other side of the door stood none other than Sebastian and his parents all dressed up in nice clothes as well.