Chapter 50

Philip jumped out of the car first and ran up to the front door of Sebastian's house, while Sebastian and Danny took their time and reached around the seats to grab their school bags from the backseat. Last night had been on Danny's mind all day and he had been trying to figure out how he was supposed to get Sebastian to trust him if he wouldn't even touch him for more than a couple seconds. Then it dawned on Danny, why not see if Sebastian agreed to maybe try exercising his ability to touch other people through Danny in small increment like tests. He doubted that Sebastian would agree to that but so far that was the best idea that he had.

"Hey Sebastian," Danny called to get Sebastian's attention as they walked around to the front of the car.

"Yes?"

"What would you think about maybe trying a kind of physical exercise?"

"I guess, but did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking maybe we could try some contact exercises."

"Danny, I really don't think that that is a good idea, besides I've already had contact therapy before; it just felt so invasive when I had had it done."

"Okay, but this time it will be on your terms, so I won't be touching you at all unless you give me permission to, okay?"

"I suppose."

That was all that Sebastian could think to say since Danny's terms seemed to be very reasonable, and Sebastian knew that he would be an idiot to not take this chance to fix himself. They into the house and up the stairs to Sebastian's room where Danny leaves the door open a crack so that Sebastian knows that he doesn't plan on doing anything drastic. But Sebastian's hands had already started shaking the moment that he had stepped into his room. He didn't want to hurt Danny either physically or emotionally if Sebastian had to stop. Danny notices Sebastian's nervousness and walks over to him so that he is standing directly in front of Sebastian.

"It'll be okay, promise," Danny said as he held out his hand to Sebastian, smiling reassuringly at him. Sebastian did trust Danny and he did want to try to get away from his past change the way that he felt about being physical or intimate with another person. Sebastian nodded and gently took Danny's hand. Danny walked backwards and led Sebastian towards the bed so that they could sit down in comfort.

Danny sat down on the bed first, letting go of Sebastian's hands so that he could get into a comfy position, before patting the empty space in front of him. Sebastian hesitated, feeling less confident now that he didn't have Danny's warm hand to guide him. Slowly Sebastian took the seat across from Danny, crossing his legs on the bed.

"Okay, so now what do we do?" Sebastian asked as he tried not to appear that he was uncomfortable, even though he kept fidgeting with his fingers.

"Well, now we can start, but just slowly," Danny replied as he took off his jacket, revealing all of the scars that were on his arms and the upper part of his chest to Sebastian. He held out his arms towards Sebastian palm up. Sebastian looked down at all the little scars that wet up and down Danny's arms, none of them looked like his though, none of them looked self-inflicted. "Its okay, you can touch them."

Sebastian gave Danny a worried look, but Danny just smiled back at him and gestured with his head back down to his arms. Sebastian glanced back down to Danny's arms and lifted a hand to hover above one of the large scars that snaked up Danny's arm. Sebastian slowly traced his pointer finger down from one end of the scar to the other, before moving on to another scar, gently massaging each change in texture. Sebastian wanted to return the favour, to share his scars and his pain with Danny, but was sure that Danny would turn away from him once he saw how truly messed up he was.