Chapter 37

Sebastian parked his car about a block away from the party house, hoping that it wouldn't be a target for any of the drunk party goers. Jenna was sitting next to Sebastian in the passenger seat hopping around in her seat. She was wearing a pair of black faux leather leggings, black high heeled knee-high boots, a black spaghetti strap crop top underneath a black and red leather jacket. She had straightened her raven black hair, and had put some darker eye makeup on along with some foundation on her face.

"It'll be okay, you look great," Jenna said when she saw that Sebastian was getting that nervous 'wanting to flee' look in his eyes. Jenna opened the passenger door and got out to wait for Sebastian at the front of his car.

Sebastian redirected the rear-view mirror so that he could get one last final look at himself before running start into the lion's den. Jenna had gelled up his hair so it had that kind of messy bedhead look, and she had said that she had wanted to test out some new hairstyles for practice. Her dream was to go to school to become a professional hairdresser, so Sebastian hesitantly let her. Jenna had shaved up the sides of his head and just left it long on top so that she could have something left to gel and work with.

Sebastian was surprised at how much he actually liked the look, it was so different from his usual look. It was even very different from his old party look. It was a very cool but also very respectable look that he thinks that his parents would've approved of if they saw it. Sebastian closed his eyes and took a deep breath in through his nose, holding it, before letting it out through his mouth. You can do this, Sebastian thought to himself before he forced himself out of the car door before he lost the last little bit of his courage. He locked the car and pocketed the keys as he walked to the front of the car to meet up with Jenna. She smiled and walked beside Sebastian, leading the way to the house.

The closer that they got to the house, the more that Sebastian could hear, from the loud music to the shouting of the partygoers. His heartrate kicked up a notch and he straightened his back, his muscles coiled for him to make a break for it. Jenna noticed this and slowly reached out her hand to him, waiting to see if he would take it knowing that he didn't like physical contact that he did not start. Sebastian stopped for a moment and looked down at her hand before taking it gently in his own. She tugged him forward gently with a reassuring smile, and he followed her to a house that had lights flashing coming out of it and thudding music.

Jenna led Sebastian up to the house and quickly past the smokers that were hanging around the front door of the house talking smack to each other. Sebastian was grateful for her fairly rushed entrance into the house, but that quickly died away when the smell of alcohol hit him. He was very uncomfortable being in this kind of situation again with people drinking heavily and grinding around together. Jenna slowly dragged Sebastian further into the house until they had made it into the dining room where the alcohol and pop was being held.

Jenna took a couple shots of whisky while Sebastian looked around for something that he would be able to drink. He managed to be able to find an unopened can of soda underneath the table that didn't look too bad. He popped the tab off and the can opened with a hiss. He took a quick sip before glancing back over to Jenna who was already starting to get a bit giggly.

"Come on and dance with me!" Jenna called out over the loud music as she held out her hand, flicking her fingers in a gesture for him to grab on and follow her. Sebastian hesitantly took her hand, and held tightly onto his pop as she dragged him out into the backyard where there were even more people. There was a small DJ system set up close to the house with flickering lights and strobes, and a couple lawn chairs that were strewn about on the lawn, but other than that there wasn't much there. 

Jenna dragged Sebastian into the middle of a throng of people and started to sway and jump around to the rhythm of the music. Sebastian awkwardly began to sway to the music trying to keep in rhythm with Jenna, and have a bit of fun while he was trying to do it. Jenna was happy to see him beginning to relax and let loose a bit. She felt comfortable enough that Sebastian would be okay that she yell whispered to him that she was going to go make herself a drink and come back. Sebastian, though uncomfortable with the idea, nodded and kept swaying to the music. Jenna smiled and nudged her way past people and disappeared back into the house.

Sebastian thought that he could deal with the crowds of drunk people by himself for a bit until Jenna got back, but all of the bumping of bodies against Sebastian's and the occasional brushing of hands against his back, legs, and his chest. Panic and bile began to rise in his chest and constrict his throat. The thoughts of Mr. Roberts' hands being on him and touching him in places that Sebastian had told him repeatedly to not touch him, and to stop.

Sebastian quick waded through the throng of people and managed to make it to a set of bushes that were next to the house before he puked. He felt hot and dizzy afterwards and sat down against the outside wall of the house, sipping lightly on his soda hoping to calm his raging stomach and cool himself down. Looks like he had to go find Jenna and tell her that he was going to have to leave.

Sebastian slowly got back to his feet and finished off his soda before walking into the house to find Jenna. He frowned to himself when he didn't see her at the drinks table where she was supposed to be. He was anxious that something may have happened to her, like a guy getting handsy with her like she had mentioned earlier. Just as Sebastian's search began to get more frantic he saw something out of the corner of his eye that caught his attention.

Jenna was pushed up against the wall and was agressively making out with that head cheerleader girl that she would not shut up about. Sebastian chuckled as he shook his head and walked away as quickly as he could so that he wouldn't distrub them. Well at least she was having a good time.

Sebastian rubbed the back of his neck before sighing and going back to the dining room to grab another can of pop. He figured that he could at least try a little longer to see if he would really never be able to be around a lot of people ever again. He thought that now was as good of a time as any to try and overcome some of his trauma. So he continued to slowly walk around the party to see if he knew anyone else that was there.

After about 20 minutes of walking around Sebastian gave up looking and decided to finish up his pop and leave.  He shimmied through the crowds of bumping bodies, as he tried to avoid being touched too much. He spotted an empty chair that looked comfortable enough and was headed in that direction when he felt slender fingers grip his arm tightly. The hand forced him to turn around and face the girl that had stopped him.

She smiled drunkenly up at Sebastian as she was feeling him up and attempting to grind her front into his as a tease but Sebastian was much taller than she was. Her attempted advances grossed Sebastian out and he had to grab her hands and push her away in order to stop her. A hurt look crossed her face but Sebastian had already turned around to make his way back over to the chair.

Sebastian sat down and slowly drank his pop as he glanced around the room at all the different people that were there. He could immediately see the differences from the sobers such as himself and everyone else. He knew that that torturous experience had changed him, but only now did he really see how much it had. It made him feel a little sad that he wasn't really himself anymore almost like a part of him did die in that basement.

Sebastian began to chug back his pop but stopped when he heard someone approach him. He looked up from his drink and saw a very drunk, and very mad, Danny glaring down at him. Sebastian could smell the alcohol and smoke waft off of him that forced Sebastian to clear his throat. The smell started to bring back the dark memories of his last party but the image of Danny in front of him, distraught and upset, kept Sebastian from being sucked into the dark recesses of his mind.

"I figured that she was talking about you," Danny slurred as he stumbled forward a step while pointing an unsteady finger at Sebastian.