Chapter 67 (The End)

One Month Later...

Sebastian was just starting to get used to the crutches that the doctors had given him when he was at the hospital. He had to be a bit more hunched over than he liked because of his height but he worked with it. He hobbled down the stairs with his crutches, picking up speed when he got to the main floor. He used his crutches and walked on one foot all the way to the kitchen where he knew Danny and Philip were. Sebastian was going to keep his promise to Philip to teach him how to make his family famous marble chip cookies.

"Hey, what took you so long slow poke," Danny joked as he saw Sebastian hobble into the kitchen with a crutch under each arm. Danny walked up to Sebastian and waited for him to hunch down a bit so that he could give him a quick kiss on the lips.

"Do you know how hard it is to walk down the stairs in crutches?" Sebastian said as he gave Danny a poke on the butt with the bottom of one of his crutches. Danny playfully swatted him away before turning back to where Philip was standing on a step stool by the counter, with a mix of baking supplies on the counter. Sebastian did his best to direct Danny and Philip from where he was seated at the island counter in the kitchen. They were all laughing when Danny flipped on the mixer too high and got a face full of flour.

While they were waiting for the cookies to bake, Sebastian, Danny, and Philip all piled into the livingroom to watch some TV. Philip took up the single chair while Danny and Sebastian took up all the space on the couch. At first Danny was just going to sit at the other end of the couch so that he didn't crowd Sebastian who was still sore from being shot twice. However, Sebastian was having none of it and pulled Danny towards him so that Danny's back was against Sebastian's chest.

"Aren't you still sore?" Danny asked as he leaned back hesitantly onto Sebastian.

"A bit but I'm not about to miss a chance to hold you close," Sebastian whispered to Danny as he wrapped his arms around Danny's waist so that he didn't cause any more pain to Danny's shoulder. Danny laid his free hand on top of Sebastian's hands as they laid together on the couch waiting to hear the timer go off for the cookies.