Chapter 33

Danny figdeted uncomfortably in the plastic chair in the waiting room in between Philip and Sebastian. Danny's whole body ached and his head was still cloudy and pounding slightly. He wanted to do something but reading anything left his head hurting and moving any more than he needed to was out of the question. He supposed that he could've tried to strike up a conversation with Sebastian but the scary look that he had given Danny an hour or so earlier was still fresh in his mind, so he chose to stay quiet instead. Philip hummed softly beside him as he swung his legs in the middle of the chair, since he was short enough that his feet were just above the ground. Sebastian sat slightly slouched in his chair on the other side of Danny, tapping his foot impatiently on the floor.

Danny started to feel a bit dizzy again and leaned over onto Sebastian's shoulder so that he could rest his head a bit while they were waiting. Sebastian stiffened, breathed in sharply throughhis nose, and stopped tapping his foot on the ground. Danny, though confused by Sebastian's reaction, did not move from his position against Sebastian's arm. Sebastian slowly resumed his tapping, and relaxed his body a bit but not completely. Danny was starting to feel sleepy as the exhaustion from walking more than he had all week in less than an hour and a half with pain radiating from every step that he took.

They were just waiting for the doctor to come back with the results of the x-ray. Sebastian had made sure that everything was paid for, and that he had used his parents' hospital discount as they both came in for consultations whenever they were needed. Danny had tried to protest Sebastian paying for everything too, but his head had gone very cloudy which made it difficult for him to argue coherently with Sebastian. Sebastian stiffened and straightened back up when he heard the door open which woke up Danny, who grumplily sat back up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"Hello, Doctor Connor," Sebastian said as he stood up and greeted the doctor with a nod. "So, what's the verdict?"

"Well it appears as though your friend here has a fractured left wrist, bruised ribs, a mild concussion, and a sprained right ankle," Doctor Conner replied as he flipped through his paperwork. "This must've been some skate boarding accident, what exactly happened to him again?"

"He had hit the driver's door of a parked car when the driver swung it open at the last second, at the base of a very steep hill without any protective gear on," Sebastian replied, lying used to be something that was second nature to Sebastian when he was a party boy back in his home town. He doesn't like to lie so much anymore, but he still used it to his advantage when he needed it. The doctor simply nodded and didn't question him any further as he flipped through his pages one more time.

"Well it looks like he was fairly lucky than," the doctor commented as he finally looked up from his clipboard to Danny and Sebastian, tucking the clipboard under his arm. "He's just has some bruised ribs, a hairline fracture in his left wrist, a sprained ankle, and a mild concussion. The rest of the pain is most likely from the various bruises that are on his body. I'd like to keep him over night but if you're watching him than he can go home after we get him all patched up."

"Yeah, I'll keep an idea on him," Sebastian told the doctor while taking a side glance at Danny.

After Danny got the cast put on his left arm, Sebastian helped him out to his car with Philip walking quickly to keep up with Sebastian's long strides. Sebastian helps Danny into the passenger seat of his car and makes sure that Philip is strapped into his seat before climbing into the driver's seat. After Sebastian was buckled in he turned and looked directly at Danny with narrowed eyes and a deep frown on his face.

"Did they actually do this to you?" Sebastian asked glancing between Danny and Philip.

"Did who, do what?" Danny asked looking away from Sebastian and through the front window. Sebastian grunted his frustration at Danny's attempt at trying to divert the question and feign ignorance. Philip kept looking down at his hands that were folded in his lap and didn't want to look at Sebastian either.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, were your parents the ones that had hurt you?" Sebastian asked again with more effort as he leaned closer to Danny. Danny shrunk back and was silent for a moment.

"What makes you think that?" Danny asked as he attempted to look Sebastian in the eye but he couldn't manage to do it for very long.

"Do you really think that I'm not that observant that I wouldn't be able to see exactly what they were doing? Did you really expect me to believe that your younger brother got into a fight or smashed into a car while skateboarding?" Sebastian asked as he slowly leaned back in his chair with his hands tightly gripping the steering wheel.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," Danny sputtered out as he kept staring out the front window. Sebastian sighed, exasperated.

"I don't understand why you are trying to hide the truth from me," Sebastian said finally as he started up the car. "That place is not healthy for either of you."

Sebastian reluctantly drives Danny and Philip back to their house. After Sebastian pulled into the driveway Danny and Philip both hesitated before slowly getting out of the car, with Philip helping Danny to walk up to the front of the house. Sebastian watched as Danny and Philip hesitated at the door before eventually working up the nerve to walk into the front door, disappearing from Sebastian's sight.