Chapter 44

As Sebastian pulled up into the driveway of his house Danny felt like he was really looking at it for the first time, most likely because the last time he saw it he was drunk and in the midst of having the biggest hangover he's had in a long time. To say the least Danny felt apprehensive, especially is Sebastian's parents knew about what had happened the night before. Danny was never going to mention to Philip what had happened last night. Philip was bouncing excitedly in his seat as Sebastian parked in the driveway behind one of Sebastian's parent's cars. Philip quickly unbuckled himself, jumped out of the car with his bag halfway onto his back, and ran towards the front door of Sebastian's house. Danny didn't move from his spot in the front seat of the car and just stared up at Sebastian's massive house.

Danny gulped and swallowed hard as he stared at the house, feeling knots begin to twist up in his stomach. He knew that he wasn't regretting leaving his old home but he was having second thoughts about staying at Sebastian's house...with Sebastian. Danny knew that things were going to be different, and more than a little bit awkward while he was staying there. He wasn't sure how to act when being there considering that this place was very different from his own. Though he had met Sebastian's parents once and had found them to be very nice, they could be very different when they were within the confines of their own home.

Sebastian had immediately noticed the hesitation and stiffness in Danny when he had pulled up to the gate just before they had driven up the driveway that led to the front of the house. But Sebastian had lost all of the remaining confidence that he had had in him from earlier in the day when Danny was much more hungover. Sebastian wanted to comfort him, it was only figuring out how to express it to Danny that Sebastian was having the problem with. Contact had become difficult again, and Sebastian felt very vulnerable even though he was probably on the winning side of the fight if they ever got into one. He knew that there had to be something, even if it was just something small that he could do to show Danny that things would be alright.

Sebastian released a hand off of the steering wheel and slowly reached out towards Danny. Sebastian gently rubbed the back of two of his fingers against Danny's cheek as Danny bit at his lip, nervously. He immediately stopped when felt Sebastian's knuckles gently brush against his cheek and froze for a moment. Danny glanced out of the corner of his eye towards Sebastian and pulled his chin down a bit so that he wasn't craning his neck up at the house anymore. Danny relaxed and Sebastian stopped but kept eye contact with him.

"What?" Danny asked finally as he felt uncomfortable under Sebastian's heavy and concerned gaze. Sebastian looked away from Danny and back up at his house again, as if he was seeing it for the first time, and then looked back to Danny.

"It'll be okay," Sebastian said as he smiled at Danny before he got out of the driver's seat and went to stand in front of the car with Philip who was hopping up and down excitedly as he looked up at Sebastian. Danny took a quick deep breath and got out of the car as well before he could reconsider his choice. He walked up behind Sebastian and Philip as they made their way to the front door of the house. Danny began to tap his foot lightly on the ground as he waited for Sebastian to open the front door of the house. The hallway seemed different to Danny as Sebastian opened the door and stepped inside, leaving space for Danny and Philip to enter around him.

Sebastian closed the door, the sound of the lock clicking into place rang in Danny's ears causing his throat and mouth to go dry. No turning back now was all he could think of as he tried to get rid of the dry feeling in his mouth by clicking his tongue. Philip threw off his shoes before carefully picking them up and placing them where the other shoes were on the shoes rack next to the door. Danny followed suit after watching Sebastian do the same thing. Philip stayed at Sebastian's side as Danny kept his eyes glued to Sebastian's back, wondering if it was really okay for them to be staying here.

Sebastian paused at the end of the hall and cocked his head to the side, before slowly continuing forward. Philip ducked back and stayed glued to Danny's side just behind his leg, shying away from whatever was in the living room. Sebastian rubbed the back of his neck and smiled backwards toward Danny shyly as he came up to stand next to Sebastian. In the living room Danny saw an older man and an older woman sitting next to each other on the couch, they both had similarities to Sebastian, it quickly clicked to Danny that those were Sebastian's parents. They did look different than the last time Danny had seen them, they were wearing clothing that was a lot more casual then the suit and dress that Danny had seen them in at the dinner. They appeared a lot more laid back.

"Sorry, I didn't think that they would be home so early, I had wanted you guys to get used to the place first before meeting them but it appears that they have other plans," Sebastian whispered to Danny as he watched his parents get up from their seats with smiles on their faces. Sebastian continued into the living room and towards his parents, but neither of them touched him or gave him a hug or anything. Danny thought that that was a bit odd considering that when Danny approached them, Sebastian's dad offered his hand to Danny and then to Philip being very warm and friendly. Philip smiled shyly as he kept a grip on the back on Danny's pant leg after shaking Sebastian's father's hand.

"Its very nice to meet both of you boys again," Sebastian's mother said as she smiled pleasantly to both Danny and Philip.

"Mom, Dad, you guys promised that you would give them some space to settle down first before bombarding them," Sebastian whined playfully as he looked at both of his parents. HIs father just smiled while rubbing the back of his head. But Sebastian's mother laughed and gave him a gentle shove with her shoulder, since she was short enough that the top of her head just reached the top of Sebastian's shoulder.

"We just wanted to say hi and go over some of the house rules is all," Sebastian's mom replied playfully as Sebastian rubbed at the spot where his mom had shoved him with her shoulder. Then she glanced over at Danny and Philip. "Don't worry boys there aren't too many rules. Please come on in and have a seat on the couch."

Sebastian followed his parents over to the living room with Danny and Philip trailing just behind Sebastian, both still a bit nervous and uncomfortable. Sebastian's mother sat in the one arm chair that was angled towards the couch while his father sat on the arm of the chair. Sebastian sat on the one end of the couch furthest from his parents to allow for Danny and Philip to sit on the parts of the couch in between them. Philip sat closest to Sebastian while Danny sat in the only spot that remained on the couch between Philip and the end of the couch where Sebastian's parents in the chair.