Chapter 20

"I can't believe them!" Sebastian's mother seethed as they all walked in the front door of their house. "I can't believe that they treat their kids like servants, and they completely disrespected us and disregarded Sebastian."

Sebastian shut the door behind his mom and dad. His mom was going on a rant about Danny's parents being disrespectful twats, and his dad was trying to clam down his mom. Sebastian felt pretty shaken up still, after all of that had gone on before and during the dinner. He hadn't said a word since they had left Danny's house.

"I'm just going to go up and have a shower," Sebastian murmured as he headed towards the stairs to go up to his room, not looking back at his parents. Sebastian walked down to his bedroom and shut the door. As soon as the door clicked shut, Sebastian immediately collapsed onto the ground with his back on the door. The tears were pouring out of his eyes as his breath became wheezy and difficult to keep even. It felt like he had just run a full marathon without stopping. His chest was on fire and he had difficulty catching his breath.

Sebastian was doing his best to keep his attack quiet as he heard footsteps start to approach his door. He heard and felt a knock as someone rapped on the door that he was sitting in front of.

"Sebastian? Honey, are you okay?" Sebastian's mom asked through the door. Sebastian managed to recover enough to not sound like he had just gone through a panic attack, and was in the process of crying.

"Yeah, I'm okay, just tired," Sebastian replied as best as he could so that he wouldn't tip off his mom to how much tonight had really affected him.

"Okay, your father and I will be downstairs making some food if you want to come join us later," Sebastian's mom said before walking back down the hallway and down the stairs.

Sebastian closed his eyes and worked on getting his breathing under control and rubbed the remaining tears out of his eyes. He started to feel the undeniable itch under the skin on both of his wrists. Sebastian opened his eyes and was immediately drawn to the dresser where he knew the box that held his darkest secret was still hidden. He knew that it wouldn't take too much effort to go over, open the drawer, pull out the box, and get the blade out of the satin bag. The feel of pain and the sense of having some form of control in his life was extremely tempting to Sebastian.

Sebastian squeezed his wrists close to his chest as the tears started to fall from his eyes again. He could hear the quiet murmurs in the back of his mind saying that he was worthless, and that he was beyond broken and shouldn't exist. Sebastian curled up into a ball with his wrists and knees tucked tightly against his chest. The voices were back.