Chapter 22

It has been a few weeks since the dinner that Sebastian had at Danny's and its getting closer and closer to the project due date for Danny and Sebastian's project. Sebastian was trrying his best to get Danny to work with him in the library like they usually did but today Danny was being a bit odd and asking to go to Sebastian's house instead.

"Why do you even want to come to my place when we have all the materials that we need in the library?" Sebastian argued as he leaned up against the outside wall of the school facing the parking lot.

"Hey, you've seen place before, its only fair that I get to see what your place is like," Danny countered as his fingers twitched at his side. Sebastian could tell that he was getting ansty for a smoke.

"Fine, but don't come into my car until after you don't smell of smoke anymore," Sebastian retorted and walked over to his car to get it warmed up, so that it wouldn't be so cold when Danny got into the car. Sebastian unlocked his car, got in, and turned on the heat as high as it would go. Sebastian waited in the car for nearly 15 minutes before Danny joined him in the passenger seat. Sebastian scrunched his nose up as he smelled the faint smell of smoke coming off of Danny, but he was pleased that Danny had at least attempted to do what he had asked of him.

Danny and Sebastian were both quiet in the car as Sebastian drove back to his house with some quiet music playing in the background from the radio. Danny subconsciously began to tap his fingers on dash of the car, keeping in time with the music. Sebastian could feel a small smile tug at the corner of his lips as he watched Danny, but he didn't dare let Danny see. It was a bit of a drive, and there was a point where Sebastian thought about making conversation but reconsidered.

When Sebastian pulled into his driveway of his home, Danny's head cocked to the side when he looked at the house. Sebastian parked the car, turned off the ignition, and got out of the car. Danny followed but paused for a second as he got closer to the house and squinted his eyes.

"Something wrong?" Sebastian asked when he noticed that Danny wasn't following him up to the front door.

"No, I just wasn't really expecting such a relatively normal looking house, all things considered," Danny replied as he returned Sebastian's gaze and smirked. Sebastian snorted before turning around to unlock the door to the house. The house was silent as both Danny and Sebastian entered the front door. Danny looked around with wide eyes when he say the inside of the house. "I take back what I just said about this looking like a normal house. This place is massive on the inside!"

"Really?" Sebastian question as he looked around the house himself, as if looking around at it for the first time. "It's a lot smaller than our last house, and I kind of prefer it that way."

Danny glared at Sebastian as he thought that he was bragging about his lifestyle. But dropped it when he saw the small smile on Sebastian's face as his eyes closed in a moment of contentment. Danny raised an eyebrow at Sebastian's curious behavior, before shaking his head with a low chuckle.

"So where did you want to work on the project?" Danny asked after feeling like he had been standing around for an awkward amount of time. Sebastian opened his eyes and looked towards Danny, sheepishly.

"Yeah, sorry about that, we can work in the living room," Sebastian told Danny as he gestured over to a set of leather sectional couches that had a big wooden coffee table in front of them. About seven feet away from the coffee table was a 50 inch TV that was hanging on the wall shouldered by two, seven foot tall book shelves that sat on the floor. "I'll just go grab some snacks and project materials that we can work with. Make yourself comfortable."

Sebastian disappeared into the house while Danny wandered over to couches. He snorted as he thought that Sebastian really was trying to show off. All of this stuff looked very expensive and it made Danny feel a bit uncomfortable about sitting on it, so he took to the floor and took off his backpack and placed it beside himself on the ground. Danny thought that it was rather odd that the place was so quiet. He was wondering where Sebastian's parents could've been.