Chapter 34

"Come on, its just one night, and you don't even have to drink I just don't want to have to go there on my own the creepers don't leave me alone if I do," Jenna whined to Sebastian as they were sitting on his couch watching an episode of Jersey Shore, Jenna's favourite show. Sebastian could tell that she was trying to play on his soft spot. He didn't like the thought of her being surrounded by creepy guys flirting with her and trying to touch her. Sebastian groaned and threw his head back onto the couch.

"Why do you love to torture me so?" Sebastian asked as he rubbed his hands over his face.

"Because we are friends, and your reactions are the most fun to watch," Jenna replied simply as she smiled up at Sebastian who looked down at her through his fingers. Sebastian chuckled and dropped his hands into his lap as he looked down at her pleading face.

"Alright, fine! I'll go," Sebastian relented, though still a bit uncomfortable with the prospect of going to another party. He hadn't been to a high school New Years Eve party or any party in nearly a year because the last party he had gone to wound up with him being drugged and waking up in a cold basement completely naked.

"Yes!" Jenna yelled excited as she jumped up from her spot on the couch only to come back down and land next to Sebastian.

"But I may not be able to drive you home afterwards though," Sebastian said when Jenna had calmed down enough for him to be able to speak without laughing at her goofy attitude.

"That's alright, I can just get a cab home whenever I decide that I want to leave," Jenna replied as she leaned back against the couch and turned her attention back to the TV screen. "I think that it would be good for you to get out and meet some new people, and you may even find someone special there that you can connect with."

Sebastian was not too keen on the idea of meeting new people or being around a lot of people because of all of the things that had happened in the last year. But he also had the small thought that maybe this time would be different because he'd be going with someone that he trusts and he wouldn't be drinking this time.

"I suppose," Sebastian replied, then looked over at Jenna. "It's this weekend, right? When did you want me to come and pick you up?"

"Hmm, I don't want to get there too early, so how about 10pm?" Jenna suggested as pulled her legs up onto the couch and crossed them underneath her. "Oh actually, how about 9pm then I can help you get all gussied up for the party?"

"Umm, I don't really know about that," Sebastian replied hesitantly, the thought of getting dressed up was almost as uncomfortable as the thought of being around so many weird and intoxicated strangers.

"I promise that I won't go overboard with dressing you up, because it is only a high school New Years party after all," Jenna replied as she leaned forward with her hands on her knees, and looked at Sebastian with a big grin on her face. "I'll get dropped off here at your place and then you won't have to do as much driving back and forth."

Sebastian sighed and relented not bothering to respond knowing that Jenna was not going to let him out of it so easily and would probably just appear at his door even if he said no. But he wasn't about to let her do whatever she wanted to him before the party.