Chapter 47

"Come on boys! Or you will late for school!" Sebastian's mom called from the bottom of the stairs, already dressed in her work suit, since she had to go to court that day to testify for a case of child abuse that Sebastian's father had been looking into, being that he was the child's therapist and all.

Danny, Philip, and Sebastian all quickly walk down the stairs with their school bags in tow. Sebastian smiling to his parents as he exits the house first to start up his car. Sebastian's father smiles to both Danny and Philip as Sebastian's mom ruffles Philip's hair. Danny and Philip both leave the house to get into Sebastian's car as Sebastian's parents lock up the house for the day. Danny was more than just nervous about returning to school after the holidays and that New Years party. He wasn't too sure that someone hadn't seen something that day, but the knowledge that Sebastian had given Danny the day before did manage to put his mind at ease for a bit.

Danny and Sebastian dropped Philip off at the grade school first before making their way to the high school. Danny's stomach was in knots and he was pretty sure that his face had paled a bit. Sebastian glanced at Danny out of the corner of his eye and, seeing his nervousness, placed a hand on Danny's knee and gave it a little squeeze. Danny looked to Sebastian with a conflicted expression but Sebastian's eyes were focused back on the road. Danny took a deep breath in and relaxed against the seat as he let it go.

When Sebastian pulled into the parking lot, he removed his hand from Danny's knee and put it back onto the steering wheel. Danny felt his stomach twist into more knots as he saw the school, and the loss of contact from Sebastian didn't help his nerves much either. Sebastian parked in the parking lot before turning to look at Danny. He had gone pale and was biting his fingernails as he stared at the school with all the other kids milling around the front, before the bell was to ring for school to begin.

"Are you okay?" Sebastian asked as he turned to look at Danny, who had also shrunk down in his seat to avoid the sight of any passersby.

"I-I-I don't know if I can do this," Danny stuttered as he rubbed his hands over his face. "Are you sure no one else saw anything?"

"Yes," Sebastian replied sincerely and calmly, keeping eye contact with Danny the entire time to make sure that it got through to him. Danny huffed out a big breath before practically diving out of the car and closing the door hard behind him. Sebastian opened his door and got out as well, meeting Danny at the front of the car. Sebastian gently rested a hand on Danny's back for a moment as a reassurance that he was there, before he dropped his hand and began walking towards the school Danny keeping pace at his side.

They had gotten up to the sidewalk of the school when Sebastian spotted someone coming towards them. Sebastian tensed up a bit wondering how this was going to go over with Danny. Danny, because of his close proximity to Sebastian, immediately noticed his change in stance.

"What's wrong?" Danny asked as he looked up at Sebastian and tried to follow his gaze around the front of the school, trying to figure out what Sebastian was looking at.

"Um, did you and Jenna ever make up?"

"Kind of, why?"

"Well, she's coming this way, pretty quickly I might add."

"Didn't she go with you to the party last night?"

"Yep."

"Shit."

Danny just kept thinking that maybe Jenna had seen something, considering that she had practically planned last night to go the way that it had. Which Danny wasn't too upset about but he wasn't completely sure that she was on his side yet, all things considered. He was terrified that she was going to out him all over again, especially considering that he wasn't quite ready for that yet.

"Hey Sebastian!" Jenna called as she approached Danny and Sebastian. "I'm so sorry about not being able to text you after the party, my phone wound up going into the pool and I haven't had the chance to get a new one. But I'm glad to see that you're safe..."

Jenna trailed off when she noticed Danny who had partially hidden himself behind Sebastian. She looks between Danny and Sebastian, noticing their close proximity and the slight shyness form both of them. Jenna opened her mouth to say something about what was going on between the two of them, but Sebastian decided that it was best to not have her asking questions just yet.

"So how was your fantasy crush night last night?" Sebastian asked as he looked Jenna in the eyes to make sure that she was getting his message. "I'm sure that the Cheer Captain quite enjoyed her time as well."

Jenna immediately turns beet red and starts to fiddle with her hands, acting very flustered because she hadn't known that Sebastian had seen that. Then she took off running towards the school while yelling over her shoulder at Sebastian.

"Sebastian, you jerk!"

Sebastian chuckled at Jenna's reaction but Danny, during the small exchange, had started to get fidgety. He was desperately craving a cigarette to calm his nerves and to keep himself from freaking out because of his anxiety. But as he looked up at Sebastian he knew that he couldn't do that. He couldn't betray him that way, especially when he hasn't completely figure out why Sebastian was so freaked out by cigarette smoke or physical contact.

Danny opened his mouth to thank Sebastian for getting Jenna to leave, but the school bell rang before he could get the words out. Sebastian looked down to Danny with a small smile before walking towards the school, Danny trailing just behind him as they entered the school.