Soft Targaryen

Silence

Silence.

It was a simple act and gesture that Rhaenella longed for. Everyday she awoke to the same routine and blabbering of her older twin brother, Viserys. Every morning she dreaded the seconds passing until he barged into her room and yanked her clothes off to watch her blossom into a woman, painfully reminding her that she will use her body to gain him power.

And everyday he would dress her in the prettiest of dresses, fragrances and flowers. He would throw backhanded compliments and yet snap at any man dare to look at his sister.

Although he did the same for Daenerys, he would not spend his time with her as he did with Rhaenella.

The two would eat together, take walks together, explore the city together and even sometimes, when he wasn't being a egotistical maniac, he would let her invite Daenerys along. 

Viserys has always blamed his youngest sister for bringing death upon their mother. He was abusive, manipulative and even went as far as humiliating both females. But he had a softer side for Rhaenella.

Daenerys had only been a child, hoping for things to get better, although Rhaenella always tried to visit her sister and bring her hopes up, she could see her slowly giving up. It tore her apart, the only surviving heir is slowly killing the other two and there wasn't anything they could do other than follow his orders.

And the day finally came.

Rhaenella sat quietly as the maid braided her hair ever so delicately, preparing her for once again one of the offerings Viserys has planned.

Keeping her eyes closed she thought back to the many suitors.

"Luwin, Roseick, Matium....." she whispered.

"All done my lady, I will take my leave now and let you finish your meal, I will inform your brother that you are ready as well." The maid bowed slightly as she left with a handful of dirty dresses. "Thank you Lusia." She replies with a smile, now standing to walk over to her balcony with a handful of grapes in her hand.

Slowly savoring the fruit in her mouth she examined the calmness of the people below roaming.

Longing to be one amongst the crowd not worrying about the hellish place she had been calling home. Of course Master Illyrio was kind enough to take them in and keep them safe but she could no longer take the abuse.

Closing her eyes again she took a large inhale as she felt the hairs of her back stand at the sound of Viserys entering the room with his booming voice.

"There she is, my beautiful and lovely sister, so graceful and so forgetful to keep me waiting." He spoke ever so slowly. Causing Rhaella to turn to him with a small smile. "My dearest brother, thank you for the dress, you've always known how to keep me looking lovely." At this the male smiled wickedly, "Ah yes, I remembered you telling me how much you loved the color black. But of course it does not look so well on you, your color has always been gold, perhaps a purple or pink."