Blessed by the Gods

Exile could never be the dream of any Nobel house member. No one ever desired to be left forgotten and abandoned due to a famous family name.

A war.

A betrayal.

Hiding from the common folk as much as the Nobel houses who had little spiders and whispering birds crawling or flying above the heads of the last Targaryen children was a life or death situation.

Even from a young age, after Ser Willem had passed and left the Targaryen children to fend for themselves, the bloodline opened many doors.

But soon after they closed.

The red door

The red door.

A symbol of the fallen house.

The three strings of hope to restore and reclaim the Iron Throne rested on Viserys, Rhaenella and Daenerys.

For many years they suffered humiliation, little by little losing their prized possessions due to the Realm over taken by the Baratheon Usurper.

But Rhaenella remembers the day.

That day.

When Viserys made the choice to sell their mother's crown to provide shelter and food for his siblings.

Yes, that man, the one who would continuously humiliate his sisters by exposing their naked bodies before him. That same man who would yell and even spill insults into their ears as if he wanted to brand the words into their skin about how worthless and unforgivable humans they were.

Was the very same man who would hug them as they slept, carry them on his back whenever exhaustion strikes, would tell them great stories about their ancestors.

Viserys has not been born a cruel, heartless, self-centered and narcissistic man.

The years of his torture along had caused him to turn against not only his enemies but his own flesh and blood.

But Rhaenella.

She knew.

She always knew that was his way to protect them.

Provide for them.

And yet.....