Thunder

Waves clashing against the ships fiercely as the storm continued

Waves clashing against the ships fiercely as the storm continued. The enemy had docked and many more soldiers walked the beach.

From behind her form she could already hear the footsteps and yells she could not understand but she knew in her bones that they were coming for her.

She hurried to her feet and ran to the only way she knew she would have a better chance of surviving.

Or perhaps it's that she did not want to accept her fate and decided to end it.

But had she been so protective of her egg, maybe she wasn't done, maybe in her mind she had hope that in a miracle in her mind she will see her brother sailing for her and saving her from the foreigners.

At the edge of the water, she kicked her heavy shoes off, feeling the cold sensation of her toes burying into the wet sand.

The mist and the waves had caused a chill run down her spine that strangely enough she enjoyed, even if it was just for a second.

Ahead the clouds continued to stir, thunder roared as loud as the waves and strikes of lightning so visible to the naked eye stroke closer and closer.

"There!"

Her feet became only heavier and heavier as she scurries into the water, fighting to keep her ashore and yet pulling her even deeper.

In her heart she knew she could not give up.

But her mind fought and gave her a different alternative.

When she was finally neck deep into the water she began to swim, holding her egg with one hand close to her chest and used the other to swim.

She could not look back, she did not want to for the fear of losing herself and bringing her own surrender.

Men had already dove into the water, ordered to retrieve her, though she had swam too far they were determined to receive a prize for her head.

With the loud roar of thunder, a stroke of lightning dove only a few meters besides Rhaenella she used it to her advantage.

The men now hesitating to retrieve her from the danger of the waves pulling them deeper.

The waves had begun to increase in size, Rhaenella had struggled to keep her head above water. Drinking the salty water and burning her nostrils she had realized this was a big mistake.

When she had finally reached her peak, her arms too tired from from switching to huddle her egg to her chest and swimming she stopped, catching her breath to look back at the men who now gathered at the beach, yelling, scurrying and ordering others around. More jumped into the water and others ran back to the docks.

It was when she noticed that a ship had been sailing towards her with a number of men on board.

The waves now carried her off further and further into the deep ocean.