Ceremony

Earlier that day, Rhaenella struggled to breathe properly from the thick steam of her bath water.

Two slaves worked tirelessly to scrub her body and comb out the tangles of her white hair.

Her eyes heavily fighting to stay open from her previous night.

Ivar had requested of her to stay with him, in which he wasted no time to continuously question her and corner her into a wall, curious and yet concerned for her disappearance.

She tried to hide her emotions, raised by her brother to withhold any facial features that gave away her vulnerability but she cried. Spilling her hopes and dreams for the family.

"You did not get any rest." Helga pointed out as she sat on a small stool a few meters away from the girl as she stood still for the slaves to dry her naked body.

"I apologize for my rudeness, I do not mean to ignore you Helga. You are correct, Ivar and I spent the night conversing of some personal matters.....I was unable to rest."

Helga chuckled a bit, "You do not need to explain yourself to me love. I understand. But it is your wedding day, you should be well rested. Tonight will surely drain you!"

Rhaenella only sighed as the white fabric had begun to drape around her form.

"It's time for the dress! Okay, Margarethe and I will leave you too it. Come, we should go let the others know to start preparations for the bridal walk." Helga tried to usher the blonde who had been glaring from a corner at the other female.

"What did you and Ivar do?" She questioned.

Dumbfounded and yet slow to understand, Rhaenella turned to look at Helga for an answer.

"We spoke....about my family and the wedding." She replied.

"Lies. That man is unable to reason with. He must've forced you to do something. Why would you choose him? Why didn't you run when you had the chance? You can still run, you have a dragon to carry you away from here. He is a cripple. A horrible cripple man who likes to kill and hurt. A man who cannot please you or even give you children." She snapped.

Her face turning red from anger.

Perhaps it was frustration.

But Rhaenella knew that look.

Margarethe stares at her dress, in admiration. Her jaw clenching as she scanned over every detail of the female.

Jealousy.

"Helga. Please leave us."

"But Rhae-"

"It's okay. Please go, I would appreciate you being the main one to make all necessary preparations for Ivar and myself to remember this day beautifully. I trust you." The girl smiled as Helga agreed slowly. Leaving out of the bath house Rhaenella frowned at Margarethe.

The blonde huffed before beginning to walk away.

"I know why you continue to despise me....you need not worry. I would never take Ubbe from you."