His Confession

Rhaenella had become accustomed to tension emitting from any room.

For years she lived alongside Viserys she learned to ignore the tension that vibrated from his being.

Although, through the time, she still feared him and usually tried to console him before he exploded with fury.

But with the experience she held, the fear still lingered, now that her form had faced towards Ivar who held a rather dangerous glare in her direction with his hands entwined together she questioned her decision.

"You've chosen a husband. And who might it be?"

His voice so low and calm despite his glare, the way his jaw clenched as he spoke made her feel even more self conscious.

"I....I think it's best we wait for your brothers Ivar, with a decision this big, our bargain needs to be clear with them as well."

His head turned but his eyes remained on her, his exterior relaxed even for just a second as he sighed heavily. "You're afraid that I will harm you for not picking me to be the husband you want." 

His head returned to her form as the indigo eyes scanned over her body.

"I don't blame you. A lady as yourself deserves more than a cripple. But those men out there,....my brothers.....will never be enough of a man as I am to please you and bring you the ease in comfort you need in this wretched world."

His eyes continued to glare in her direction, the way he spoke to her gave her no time to realize of his true intentions as she quickly responded

"What makes you think I've chosen them over you?"

His eyes wide, his mouth agape and his eyebrows lifted.

Shock and bewilderment sprawled across his features as he averted his eyes to the ground, the words he had heard processing through his mind and body.

Even Rhaenella had to turn away from his form to steady her own racing thoughts.

Could she really marry a ruthless cripple?

Would she bring herself to love him?

In her mind images of what could be raced incredibly, blurring her view of reality. Despite her fear and suffering she hoped that perhaps her future husband will allow her to feel some form of freedom and affection. Perhaps even see her siblings once again.

"Rhaenella." Ivar called out, even with the few seconds that it took for her to return his view, she nodded at his direction.