Proposals

Sentenced to exile in the room provided for her by Ubbe, Rhaenella has spent all night running her fingers through the flame of a candle, delicately embracing the warmth it spread through her hands.

Her mind raced at the events of that took place over the past few weeks.

Sleep had long been lost.

She had no desire to now that she had been given a blessing.

Whether she knew if it was in disguise or not, her anxiety would not let her rest.

The walls spread with rumors of the birth of her dragon, of her sorcery to withstand fire and lighting. But she has not been confronted.

The dragon had been sound asleep ontop of one of the pillows provided for her.

His entire form could fit in both her hands and yet it was dangerous.

Moments before the dinner ended with her captor it had screeched and burned a piece of meat on her own plate. The small flame it had emitted causes now only suspicion but betrayal on her shoulders.

She sighed and watched the dragon with soft eyes, "Soon enough.....they'll want to take you all for their own."

The hours passed and she still sat in the chair of the room, playing with the flame.

Her mind continued to run back to her brother and sister, wondering how long would it take for her brother to come and save her.

When a knock came to the door, she was surprised to see Ivar himself, standing with his crutches.

His smirk caused Rhaenella to avert her gaze to the floor, she noticed a new item placed on his legs.

A metal frame.

"It helps me stand straight, it will help me move around better." He answered as if he knew what she had been thinking.

The silence lingered between them, until he decided to push himself inside her room. His crutches scrapping and his legs moving smoother than before as he went to sit onto the chair. His eyes fell instantly onto the dragon who now awoke screeching for its caregiver.

Rhaenella closes the door and went to instantly pick up the creature and place it onto her shoulder where it nuzzled her cheek.

Ivars eyes followed her every move.

Ever since the first day he had studied her, he wanted to know every single thing about this girl and he needed to gain her trust if he wanted his plan to work.

"Within the next two days we will be able to make it to our lands. For the remainder of that time you will sail in the same boat as my brothers and I. No harm will come to you and your dragon so long as you follow our orders." Ivar had recited the deal she had been branded with for the past hour. His eyes softened now as he smiled, "Although, now that you have proven to be more valuable, I cannot seem to shake the idea of striking another deal with you little dove."

Rhaenella stood with her hands clasped together to contain her emotions at bay. The amethyst eyes still castes away from his indigo eyes.

"Would you like to strike another deal my flower?"

Her mind wandered a million questions.

Was he giving her the option to choose her own deal?

To bargain for her own demands?

Sighing heavily she turned her back towards him to walk to another candle, running her hands over the candle without flinching, Ivar stood his frame and crutches screeching and creeping at the metal against the wooden floor as he walked to her form.