Chapter 11:Rayanne

At 1:30am, we took off. I'm sitting near the window. A couple is sitting beside me. We just nod at each other to acknowledge the other people.

I stare out the window. There's nothing much to see. We have already reached the altitude where we can stand and walk around and use gadgets. There was nothing else I could do, so I slept.

When we arrived in J.F.K. Airport, I had taken a good nap. I went through all the necessary things and got my duffle bag from the "carousel."

I ask some assistance in calling a cab. I didn't ask anyone to meet me here. My Aunt Fae lives around here but I didn't tell her 'cause I'm afraid she might tell my parents.

The cab comes in a few minutes and I get in. As we ride to my hotel, my phone vibrates. I look at the time. It's 7:00am.

Anne? I need to talk you. It's from Brandon.

Yeah? I reply.

Umm, could we meet somewhere? I want to talk to you personally. He says. I don't reply. What am I supposed to say? I'm sorry I can't 'cause I'm in New York. I sort of left. That's not what I want to say. We're best friends. We don't keep secrets from each other. Then yet again, I am. He might get hurt that I didn't tell him.

Rayanne? He texts. I forget about my phone. I look out the window. We had stopped. We have arrived at my hotel.

I check in then head up to my room. My hotel, Courtyard is located near Time Square and Central Park, Pretty neat, huh?

I put down my stuff and fall onto the bed. A few minutes later, I fall asleep.

My phone vibrates and I wake up. It's 10:00am. I look at the message.

Rayanne? Why did you leave? It's from Ryan. Oh, my. They already know. I can't reply. If I do, well, I don't know.

I love you. I love you all. I'm sorry. I text back. And I "shut down" my iPhone.

I sit up. I scheduled a tour of New York today. I get into the shower and change into a new set of clothes. I get my bag. I leave my duffle bag in the closet and shut the door. I had eaten breakfast on the plane, so I'm still not very hungry.

Once I'm out of the hotel, I walk to where the tour bus' bus stop is. I wait holding my ticket in my hand. You may think that it's sort of lame to go on a tour like this, but I think it's much organized and way easier.

The bus comes. I show the guy my ticket and I get on. Since it's a double decker bus, I climb the stairs to the top and sit down near the end of the bus. Most people here are with family or friends. I'm here, alone. Oh, well.

I look around me and take so many pictures as we pass all the city sights. I wish my family was here. But it's too late. I guess I'm like Rapunzel in Tangled. Happy to be free, yet worrying about my parents. Ugh.

I get down at the stop in Times Square. Time to go shopping! I get into Forever 21 and start.