Chapter 21:Ryan

Officer Jackson is back. I put on my shirt and run downstairs.

Everyone is in the living room. I sit done on a sofa and we all wait. Jackson clears his throat. "We have some news. Good and bad." He says. We all wait. "Rayanne and Fae are in UCLA medical center. You can visit them. The bad news is, they're not in good shape." Officer Jackson says. We all become excited. We all thank him and get into the van and drive to the hospital.

We enter the room and we all stop. Rayanne is pale. Super pale. Like, really really pale. Aunt Fae is sitting beside her.

"Hello." Aunt Fae says. Rachel and I run to her and give her a hug. "Rayanne broke 5 ribs, broke her right leg and is shot in her left thigh." Aunt Fae says. We all sit down. Rayanne stirs. She opens her eyes.

"Where- mom? Dad? Rachel? Ryan?" She says her face lighting up. "Hi." I say. I hug her. Rachel has her turn too. She turns to Aunt Fae. "Where's Steven?" She asks. "Who's Steven?" Rachel asks. He helped us get here." She says. "He got shot." Aunt Fae says slowly. "Where?" She asks. "In the head." Aunt Fae says quietly. Rayanne gasps. "Oh,no." "He gave his life so the Officer could get us into the gate." Aunt Fae explains. Rayanne nods. "Thanks you Steven." She says looking up.

Brandon and Briana come in. "Oh, Anne!" Briana says hugging her. Rayanne smiles and hugs her back. Brandon just looks at her. "Brandon. I'm sorry I didn't reply. I-" she stops as Brandon hugs her cutting her off.

"It's okay. You're back. And that's what matters. I can't tell you what I want to if you're not here." He says. "What do you want to tell me?" She asks. Brandon breaks away and looks at all of us. Everyone's smiling waiting for him to ask. "Would you like to be my girlfriend?" He asks her.

Rayanne squeals like a little girl. She hugs him. "Yes." She says. Brandon's face lights up.

Mom and dad approach Rayanne. She looks at them. "Mom. Dad. I'm sorry. I wasted so much money. And it was from my college savings. I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you I hope you can forgive me." I say. My mom cries and hugs me. "You don't need to make up anything. As long as you're here, we're fine." Mom says. "Of course we forgive you." Dad says hugging Anne. She smiles.

A knock comes at the door. A woman comes in. My parents straighten up. And step back. She enters and walks like she's the president. "Hello everyone." She says. Who is she? She seems so familiar. Oh. I know. She's Linda. One of my parents' heads in the company.