Chapter 19: Rayanne

I wake up and see Aunt Fae on a bed beside me. "How are you?" I ask her. "A bit shaken up. My back has a brace. Something happened to it. But I don't know what." She replies with a tired smile. I sit up and pain shoots through my whole body. It's like I'm being burned inside.

"What happened again?" I ask. I only remember being in a crash and someone saying "you can't get away that easily." And that's it.

"We were driving. We were near the station when a car beside us crashed into us and we hit the island in between the roads. A car behind us crashed into us too. And viola! Here we are. And don't ask me where. I have no idea. And Rachel texted. But I can't reply." She says. "Oh. Okay." I say. I lean against the wall and look at my body. Thankfully we're still in our clothes. I'd be really angry if they stripped us naked and changed us into hospital robes or something. My right leg has a cast and my chest has a brace thingy too. Hmm. I wonder what happened to me.

To answer that, Sweetvict comes in. I glare at him. "Nice get away. I must say that that was rather amusing. " he says with Steven behind him.

"Where's the letter?" He asks. I take in deep breaths. I can feel the paper against my skin as I breath. "You ask about that now? When you nearly killed us?" I ask still glaring at him. He smiles slyly. "It was your choice." He says shrugging. "No. It was your choice to hurt us. Not ours. You dummy." I say. I'm not good at insults okay?

He laughs and shakes his head. I try to get up but my body burns again. I breath heavily. "What happened to me?" I ask. Steven asks his uncle and Sweetvict nods.

Steven explains. "Your right knee is broken. And-" he stops and looks at me. I wait. "You broke a few ribs." He says softly. "How many?" I ask casually so as to show that it doesn't bother me although it really does. "Five." He replies. I nod. "Okay." Sweetvict turns around and leaves. "Don't give him that letter." Steven whispers as he sets down our food on the table in between me and Aunt Fae.

"What time is it?" I ask him. "Two o' clock." He says. "Thanks." I say. He nods and leaves us to eat in peace. Although I don't know if you could call being in pain being in peace.

We eat in silence after praying. "So, what are we gonna do now?" I ask her. "I don't know, Anne. Besides praying that is." She says. I smile and she smiles back. We pray together.

"God, You are our Father, Protector, Provider, Deliverer, Strength, and Joy. Please help us. You are the same yesterday, today and forever. You are the God of miracles. Help us. In Jesus' name, amen." Aunt Fae prays. I say amen in agreement.

"I forgot to ask Steven where we are." I say. "You're in a secret hideout in Kansas." Steven says getting in and getting our trays. "Oh." I say.

We may be in Kansas. But at least we're closer to L.A. than when we were in New York. Problem is, how are the police supposed to find us here?

***votes and comments are accepted!!! Please??? Thanks! And I'm sorry if this isn't so exciting... Mind commenting?***

Prodigal GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara