Chapter 18:Rachel

I can't believe it. Rayanne may have left us worried but she never did forget us. Her card was so touching. I forgive her already. So does Jason.

Today, we're going to just stay at home and wait for the police's news. None of this is on the news okay? We don't want any of this on public.

A police officer comes up the driveway. I get up and so does Jason and Ryan. We've been staying in the living room playing board games or watching tv. He rings the doorbell and I open the door.

"Good afternoon. I'm Officer Jackson. I have some news regarding Rayanne Chaise." He says. "Please, sit." I invite. He sits down and puts his hat in his hands.

"Some civilians have reported seeing your sister with a woman. They seem to know each other." He starts. We look at each other with hopeful faces. "That would be our Aunt Fae. " I say. The officer nods. "They were in a crash. Two cars bumped into them while they were driving. Someone took a picture, thankfully. We concluded that the ones who crashed into them were Rayanne's kidnappers." He says. We stare at him in shock. Oh, no. "Where are they?" Jason asks. "We don't know." Jackson replies. "What!" I yell. I stand up. "How could you not know?" I ask him still raising my voice. "The kidnappers apparently kidnapped them again before we got there. A witness told us so. We have some of our best men at work." He says.

I take in deep breaths. I nod. "I should get going." He says. We all say goodbye and just sit there. We all pray for Aunt Fae and Rayanne.

"I can't believe it. They could've gotten her killed!" Jason says. Brandon comes in. "Hey. Umm, I was just wanting to ask if there's any news." He says slowly. Briana comes up behind him. "We both do." She says. They sit down and Ryan explains. Brandon looks like he's about to punch somebody and cry at the same time. I don't know how else to explain okay? That's what he looks like. Briana's already crying.

I'm angry. I can't cry. These rascals are gonna pay. Okay, maybe not. I'm not the kind of revengeful person. Besides, God says to love your enemies. I'm not sure how I can do that though.

We sit and wait for my parents to get home. When they do, we explain the news again. My mom cries again. She's been crying a lot lately. I guess it makes sense since one of her daughters is kidnapped.

I get out my phone. It's only a glimmer of hope, but I think it'll work. I find Aunt Fae's number and text her. Hopefully she can reply.