Chapter 15: Rayanne

I haven't been bothered for hours. They give me food every now and then, but that's it. I wonder what they're doing.

I doze off every now and then, since there's nothing else to do.

I wake up to see the guy standing at the door. "What's your name?" I ask rubbing my eyes. "Steven." He replies. "Get up. I'm gonna bring you to the shower room. Change and then we leave. Come on." He says walking out. I run to catch up to him.

"Umm, so where are we going?" I ask. "I can't say." He says still looking forward. "Ugh. Thank you so much for being very clear to me." I mumble. "I heard that." He says. "So? You wouldn't care." I retaliate. He chuckles then stops in front of double doors.

He nods and I enter. A lady approaches me and helps me shower and get changed. I step out in pants, a tight shirt and a jacket. Imagine Black Widow. Yeah. I just compared myself to Black Widow. Imagine that.

I follow Steven into an office. The Scottish guy on the phone is there. He studies me as I enter.

"Hello there Rayanne. You really were obvious over the phone you know." He says with an amused smile. I just glare at him. "Now, to take care of things in the easiest way, we'll need you to cooperate." He says. "Will you?" "That depends." I say crossing my arms. "You really are a very stubborn girl." He says. "I get that a lot." I say with a shrug.

Scottish dude nods and Steven locks the door. The windows are shaded and the room is dark. "Tell me. What is your family's secret in making their company a success." He says.

Woah. He kidnaps me just to ask me this question. These guys are lame. I mean seriously. First, they don't even lock the door to my room. And I'm supposed to be their hostage or prisoner or something. Second, they give me a new set of clothes. Since when did you ever hear of kidnappers treating their hostages like guests? Third, this Scottish guy asks me the secret of our company's success. Really? I would think that he'd ask me to call my parents and ask for a random so they'd release me. That's what most people do.

"So?" He pries. "Prayer. God. Team work. Trust. Kindness." I reply. He looks at me like I'm an idiot. "Really?" He asks clearly confused and dumbfounded. "That's it?" He asks. I nod. "Without God, I don't know how we'd reach the point where we are now." I say. "And you can't run a good company without trust and team work." I add. Steven smiles at me. I nod in his direction without anything else.

"Get over with it. She's not helping." Scottish dude says. Steven sighs. He looks at me. "Sorry." He whispers. He knocks me out. I slip into darkness.