Chapter 22:Rayanne

I know her. Linda Reyes.

"I see you still won't hand over the company." She says. Wait. Hold up. I've heard her voice somewhere. In New York. She was in the rundown house. I heard her talking to Steven before he entered my room. What was she doing there? Oh. I get it now.

"You want the company. You're the one who ordered people to kidnap me. Not Mark." I say. She turns to look at me and smiles. "You really are a smart girl. She takes out a knife and presses it against my skin.

"What's your choice, Chaise?" She threatens. "If we give you our company, you'll have to go through a lot of processes." My dad says. She shrugs. "I don't mind. " she says pressing the knife against my skin. It hurts. I'm already in a lot of pain.

"And, we'll sue you." My mom says. She shrugs it off.

"No. Don't. Mom. No. Dad." I say. My dad says something but I can't hear. The knife is taken out of my side and someone screams. Here I go again. Back into unconsciousness.

I wake up with the same people still here. Brandon is sitting on the edge of the bed. Briana's crying into Ryan's shirt. So is Rachel and mom. All the boys are crying walls except for Brandon. His hand touches my left side. I wince. "Sorry. You okay?" He asks. "I mean, you better?" He asks. I try to smile and nod.

"You've been out for three hours. You lost quite a lot of blood." He says. "What happened to Linda?" I ask. He scoots over beside me but facing me. "She got fired and she's going to jail." He says with a smile. I sigh. So this is all over now. Except that my body is still in pain.

Everyone is now looking at me. "We're going home." My dad announces. I smile. "The wedding's in three days." Ryan says. "Think you'll be okay?" He asks. "Yeah. I'll be fine." I say slowly. Brandon helps me get up. I have a bandage around my stomach and a brace on top. I have a cast on my leg too.

I can't walk. I try and it hurts. Brandon sweeps me up and carries me. "Better?" He asks. I laugh. Ouch. Laughing hurts. "Yeah." I say with a smile.

We all go down and into the parking lot. Once we're in the van Jason speaks. "I can't believe Linda went through so much just to get the company. I mean, she went through a lot. Right?" He asks. "I heard her in New York i just couldn't place where her voice was. How about you Aunt Fae?" I ask her. "I did hear her voice once. When I woke up. She was outside. I didn't know who she was though." Aunt Fae replies.

Once we reach our house, Brandon carries me up into my room. "You stay here and rest. We'll take care of you." Rachel says. I lie down. Brandon sits beside me.

"I sure made a mess of things didn't I?" I ask. Ryan smiles. "It's okay, Anne." He says. "They probably would've found another way to get you. At least it was this way and you still had time to shop and your New York." Briana says. I laugh. "Yeah. You're right." I sit up. Brandon's hand is on my back keeping stable. "Thanks." I say. "No problem." He says with a smile.

"Oh. Briana. You can choose what you want from that Disney duffle bag." I say. "Anything?" She asks with excitement on her face. "I didn't get to buy you something. So go ahead. Choose." I say with a smile. She goes down the stairs and into my closet. She comes back up a few minutes later carrying an Olaf stuffed toy in her hands. I laugh. "Thanks." She says. I smile. "No problem."

Ryan gets some board games and we play until dinner.

Thanks you Lord for my family. I really am blessed.