000

the vampires seek survival
as hunters seek their blood.❞ 

-Chapter 00, The Sweetest Contempt, by yeonnieong

--

PARK WOOJIN

Dashing angrily out of the darkest of the forests with dark, bitter, pure vampire blood pouring out of his mouth, on his chapped lips and stained on his shirt, Woojin had no idea whatsoever of where he was going.

The vampire assassins were out for his kind, and the only way to survive was to run; it didn't matter where, as long as it's a place with no assassins present. Only the vampire kings knew what made the assassins' boss despise vampires, but before even getting to know why, the assassins already terminated the supposedly immortal vampires' kings.

Park Woojin was no special vampire, really. He was just a part of the clan, and just happened to be born as one. He had no relation with the royal family, yet he was still targeted. To sum it up, he was an innocent target.

Panting heavily, he felt like he was about to collapse any time soon due to the loss of blood. Yes, normal vampires are no immortals. Only the royal families are. However, blood loss does not kill a vampire. It only drains their stamina, making it hard for them to use their special abilities. 

"Number 0210 is at aim." he heard an unknown threatening voice spoke. The assassin.

Was that the amount of vampires they killed?

Before he knew it, another shell exploded in his rear view, almost disabling his hearing senses. It was near. The assassins were near him. Was this his last night? Brushing of his thoughts, he continued his escape.

Everything was happening all at once, and no one had time to think about others.

"Number 0211 is next." 

Searching for a place to hide, Woojin scanned the unfamiliar scenery in front of him. Everything was dark, but he heard laughter and music somewhere in the distance. Who could be having so much fun in this terrible night?

He desperately followed the voices, endlessly grunting about how much pain he felt. Anyone would've just given up themselves to the assassins in this state, but he was determined to live, as his clan, who is now dead, told him to do so.

Little by little, a small cottage, lighten up by orange, pumpkin-designed lanterns and candles came to his sight. Energetic music blasted out of the cottage, and he could see witches, trolls, and mummies dancing to the music, with brown,frothy liquid in a plastic glass.

What are they doing? Dancing in such a night?

"Is this where creatures unite?" Woojin muttered to himself, observing the unusual view.