004

❝isn't it frightening, havingto drink the blood of a creature that looks exactly like you?❞ 

to drink the blood of a creature 
that looks exactly like you?❞ 

-Chapter 65, The Sweetest Contempt, by yeonnieong

--

"What do friends usually do here?" Woojin asked, as the two walked out of the school gate. "I mean, I don't really understand my role as one."

Vampire friends usually just become a team when practicing their powers with a battle. Not much interaction is needed.

"Hm... since you're a guy, we can't experiment on make-up and hair," she trailed, reminiscing her mother's advice. "then we can eat together, watch a movie together, and, oh! Let me come over to your house some time! Or you come to mine."

Woojin looked ahead, as he walked beside her with both his palm buried in his pockets. He never really hung out with another kind, and he was worried if his future actions wouldn't seem normal in their eyes.

But friends really have to do a lot of work.

"Fine by me." 

The girl cheered as she started some octopus-like dance moves.

This girl needs help.

"Woojin-ah," she called, which made him pause his walk. She fumbled her arm in her bag, coming out with a transparent rectangular 3D shaped box, some kind of human food inside, with her name on the box. "Here, I made cookies for you!"

The boy scanned the six circular food trapped in the box, then scrunched his face. "Looks disgusting." he bluntly said, shaking the box.

Raeyeon slumped her shoulders. She wasted a whole night learning and re-doing those 'disgusting-looking' cookies, yet this guy in front of her didn't learn how to appreciate food. 

She snatched her lunch box from his hands. "Forget it then." 

Woojin, not even noticing a tint of disappointment in Raeyeon, casually shrugged his shoulders, continuing his previous walk, with Raeyeon silently cursing him behind. He didn't even thank her. What a Woojin.

"Rae," he called, making the said girl look up surprised at the sudden nickname. 

"What? You want these-"

"Aren't those stuff the thing in that box?" Woojin interrupted, pointing towards a poster in front of a cafe. 

GIVING OUT COFFEETEA COOKIES FOR FREE! GRAB THEM BEFORE YOU LEAVE!

"They're giving them out for free." Raeyeon mumbled. She turned towards the already leaving boy. "Hey- wait!" 

She ran towards him and grabbed his wrist, making him stop. "Let's go there. It won't take long! Make it our first hang-out."