013

❝ Trains of thoughts may lead you to the truth as well as it may lead you to an exquisite garden of lies ❞    

truth as well as it may lead you to an exquisite 
garden of lies ❞   

- Chapter 56, The Sweetest Contempt, by yeonnieong

--

PARK WOOJIN

The evening sky was starting to disappear, light blue fading with the orange heat, as the two walked out of school, Raeyeon still limping frequently behind him as he didn't even want to look back at her, speed-walking.

"Walk faster you sloth."

"I'm trying you grumpy old hag." she fired. 

After another 5 minutes of walking and stopping for Raeyeon, he looked back to find her struggle, grasping the hem of her skirt as she uncomfortably walked stiffly. Woojin's inner self wanted to slap back his words before. 

"What the- you hurt your leg too?" he asked, walking towards her, his palm reaching out for her thigh, which only got smacked away.

"Excuse me, what do you think you're doing sir I'm only 17. No touch touch please." she spoke. 

Woojin scoffed. "I was going to heal heal you madam." 

"Oh."

The vampire rolled his eyes, a slight smile unknowingly forming in his lips as he crouched down in front of her, patting his own shoulder. "Get on."

Tell me, why am I doing this?

"I'm not saying I'm heavy but that's exactly what I'm saying." she uttered sheepishly, reminiscing the past in which Seongwoo failed to carry her for 4 minutes, his back aching all day after. "no kidding."

Woojin snickered at her comment. "You're underestimating my strength little miss." he looked at her and smiled, gently taking both of her hands, placing it on his shoulders, then engulfing his own neck, picking up her legs at ease right after. "eat as much as you want I'd still carry you like this anytime."

He heard her grumbling at the back of his head as she hid her warm face on the crook of his neck, almost like she was snuggling into it, in order to avoid the stares from other people. With all honesty, it drove him crazy.

"Why are you being sweet all of a sudden.."

"It's just another way of saying I'm a strong creature." he said. "Don't. Flatter. Yourself."

Woojin yelped when she pulled a part of his hair. "I'm not!" she denied.

"Okay okay let go it hurts."

"Strong creature my butt." she mimicked. 

The two never stopped bickering as they strolled through the path to Raeyeon's house, Woojin getting his hair pulled at least 10 times, praying that his hair won't go bald before they reach to her place. He swiftly healed her leg as he held them during the piggy back, as well as her stomach that got punched by the jerk ass vampire before without her knowing.