022

❝ he was found in ruins, andso they feared to get him ruined

so they feared to get him ruined.
a threatening lie they kept. ❞

-Chapter 47, The Sweetest Contempt, yeonnieong  

--

ONG RAEYEON

Waves of chilling wind swept past each strand of her chocolate hair, her cheeks and ears protected in his chest, his right hand securing her head as her waist was held tightly with his left. Raeyeon had no idea of where he was heading to, she didn't even know where they were right now. But the teleportation had never took this long, or at least felt this long. Her heart leaped out once in a while in his embrace, but reality struck her after reminding herself that hugs were required to teleport another individual. 

"We're here."

Raeyeon instantly let go, her hands retrieving themselves with a moment of hand spasms, then one flew to her blazer pocket, and the other brushing her fringe to the back, and messing her hair up. 

Woojin flashed a cunning smile. "You look quite flustered."

"Shut up."

She scanned the surrounding, already over the fact that she was bound to get yet another punishment in line for skipping classes. Honestly, the fact that Woojin would be there made it all better for her, and pretty much made the whole escaping scheme easier since climbing gates and sneaking out from school securities was never her thing. But a part of her still wished to rip out Lady Rose's head reminiscing her words about Woojin's mother whom she killed, and the ferocious smile she showed showing no guilt nor regret.

Around the two were damaged ruins of bricks coated with ashes and dirt. There were still parts of the wrecked building that shaped a room, but others were lying helplessly on the ground. It was quite obvious that whatever sort of building this was, it was burnt down. But it definitely wasn't only that. It seemed like a whole meteor-like wrecking ball shot itself down to here all over from the outer space. 

"This is where the vampires found me." said Woojin, sitting on the field of well-cut grass.

Raeyeon's mouth formed a wide O. 

Then she plopped herself beside him, observing the ruins along with him. 

Woojin chuckled. "At first they wouldn't say the truth, and would keep trying to convince me that I was born at their forest, and my real biological parents were right there with me. But I kept having vicious, terrifying dreams of cries and fire, and just- well, death of blurry faces." he looked down. "That was when the king said all the could to me. He brought me here, and told me that horrifying things happened and I survived the chaos. That was all he said, then he created the Clan system. In which vampires are sorted according to our abilities, and purposefully getting all of us distant from our blood family unless our abilities match. From then on, I knew he was hiding something big about my family from me, but as a lower class, I couldn't really confront him just anytime."