023

❝ proud he was, taking her bullet

heroic, he was named. how selfish.
because she had to bear the
emotional death of guilt
as he rested in peace.❞ 

-Chapter 46, The Sweetest Contempt, by yeonnieong

--

PARK WOOJIN   

They both wouldn't stay still, roaming through the wild, empty ruins, walking here and there, counting hours, minutes to seconds, trying their very best to stay calm. Its been approximately 6 hours since Jihoon cut off his telepathy with them, and since then, who knows what's happening at school or whatever. 

It got dark, so the two got inside one of the rooms that wasn't all damaged, light still mystically available and electricity perfectly flowing. Just pretty dim. It seemed like some sort of elite kitchen, with chandeliers and a huge refrigerator, with dusty, stained plates and other kitchen appliances broken, some not.

Raeyeon was fidgeting with her hands non-stop. 

And Woojin was trying his best not to freak out and make things worse than it already is.

He knew well that if Jihoon were to cut off the line like that, he'd know it'd get the two worried, and since he was smart, he'd know that he should contact them right away when it's safe enough. 

Woojin slammed his hands on the wall. "I can't take this. What if they got caught?" he groaned. "Lord knows what's been happening these past six hours. Teleportation barely takes 2 seconds. And the assassins can't be at school all this time."

Raeyeon shut her eyes closed. "We need to find out what's going on." she breathed out. "Now."

The vampire was taken aback by her bravery. If he were to be honest, she's never looked that desperate before, and if looks could light fire, the whole place would've been ruins as well, along with other rooms. Raeyeon shifted her attention to Woojin's flustered look. 

"Take me to the Seongwoo's coffee store." she said.

He stood quiet for a while. "What's your plan?" 

"Since we found loads of evidence of my brother being an assassin, that cafe must've been a disguise. He was a cafe manager without any background anyways. There must be something behind the walls." Raeyeon suddenly gasped, awestruck. "I can't believe I just remembered! The cashier!"

It took a while for him to get it.

Woojin's eyes bulged out. "The cashier called you a witch once!"

Raeyeon nodded, still shocked. "She must be someone special. Probably have seen my future or something to have threw so many salt at me like that." she shivered. "That cafe may be filled with assassins."