015

❝ if i were to kill a vampire, wouldi not be seen as a prey anymore? as wellas you won't be seen as a predator? ❞    

i not be seen as a prey anymore? as well
as you won't be seen as a predator?
❞    

-Chapter 54, The Sweetest Contempt, by yeonnieong

-

ONG RAEYEON

"I'm honestly nervous." the girl in denim outfit muttered in a barely inaudible whisper as she dragged her 15-year-old luggage. "it'd be a shame if I die during the trip."

Woojin chuckled sheepishly. "I'm afraid I won't be able to assure you that nothing would go wrong," he started. "but I'll stick around just in case-- a-and for the others' safety too."

Raeyeon smiled in delight, while Woojin immediately averted eye-contact with her, his hands cowardly tucked in his pockets as well. She quietly sulked at his silent treatment.

"There was no records of a clan B member with that power. This is strange." Jihoon said as he flipped through a thin file. "then he may be from another clan-- the royal clan was terminated, so that leaves to Clan F."

"Clan F can do such a thing?" Woojin asked.

"Sure they can. Though they're the amateur youngsters, they must've already found at least one ability out of the three," Jihoon explained. "they could grow up to be a clan A, B, or even the royalties."

As the two were discussing about the possibilities of the culprits, Raeyeon sneakily taking notes of what Jihoon explained, the bus had arrived, its break painfully audible to the students as if the driver was insane. 

"Come on board!"

Raeyeon saw a glimpse of Woojin's wide smile before a hand stopped her from sitting with Woojin. 

"Ong Raeyeon, am I right?" she said to Raeyeon, giving a beautiful eye-smile like a ray of sunshine. "Come sit with me! You're our roommate in the camp anyways." the girl beamed. "Make it a start to our friendship. I really hope we get along during this trip! My name is Jeon Nara by the way, if you don't know."

The other girls behind her waved at Raeyeon with a generous smile, most taking glances of Woojin and Jihoon a couple of times. 

"Ah- right, I forgot to check the assigned tent-mates..." Raeyeon said.

She fiddled with the hem of her shirt, stealing a glance at Woojin who was now confused. She concluded that Jihoon might as well be his seatmate, as she finally had the chance to make more friends though a part of her wanted to sit with Woojin.

"No problem. We're all gathered now. Let's go!" Nara cheered, dragging Raeyeon away from the two vampires as Woojin almost obviously held his hands out when Jihoon dragged him to the opposite direction from his hoodie, flashing a cute smile and wave to the girls as a good bye.