012

❝ no matter how much we wantfantasies to come true, a prey is always in danger with its predator

fantasies to come true, a prey is always
in danger with its predator.
❞    

-The Sweetest Contempt, Chapter 57 by yeonnieong

--

ONG RAEYEON

She only heard the noise of the massive destruction literally at school, when Woojin fought with Jungwoo, seemingly having mercy kicked out of his heart, as the fight lasted for almost an hour, splatters of blood evident on the small window of the storage room door. Woojin had told her to wait outside and promise never to walk in no matter what, which she did. Sometimes there are boundaries to being brave, and fighting wasn't really her thing, let alone with a vampire.

She'd just die.

Woojin came out with dark maroon blood smeared on his wrecked, ripped uniform, some on his skin, and his blazer gone. Breathless, he slid down the walls, plopping down on the floor before burying his head in his folded arms, his legs folded too, embraced in his arms. His breaths weren't calm.

The girl could only widen her eyes at Woojin's state. Sure he defeated the vampire, but he didn't look okay. Realizing that this was still a public school with humans sometimes around, she stood up with her trembling legs. 

She ran to her locker, her legs bubbling up a sudden pain as she did, praying to God that her gym clothes were there and force it in Woojin's body somehow since it was pretty over-sized for her, but to no avail, it was no where to be seen.

"Kid." a voice spoke.

She swore her soul almost left her. "God you scared me...um...sir?" she stuttered at the unfamiliar man in the uniform of the school's janitor.

He handed her a uniform, a male uniform to be exact. "There are lots of uniforms in the lost and found box. Don't worry, that doesn't smell. I washed them." he said, a slight eye-smile wrinkling his eyes. "well then, I best be going."

Not having the time to process how he knew what she needed, she could only utter a word as the generous janitor plugged his earphones in his ears. "Th-Thank you, sir!"

Well that was weird.

Hastily walking back towards Woojin, shrugging off her train of thoughts, she sat down beside him. "Wear this. Before anyone sees you covered in b-blood." damn it, she couldn't say it properly. 

Raeyeon observed his arms, covered in cuts and deep wounds. "Holy cow are you o...kay?" she trailed off, watching the cuts slowly close.

Wait he can heal himself?

Woojin lifted his head up to meet her eyes. His shined blue, lasting the eye-contact for at least a minute or two. He looked at her like he was lost, or relieved, she didn't even know, but she was indeed sure that any more of him looking at her like this, she could literally go insane. Before her cheeks could turn crimson red, she abruptly stood up.