Chapter 25

Zara's POV

As Deeks walked around the room examining various pieces of evidence, I stood silently, carefully decoding the crime scene, looking for anything that was even slightly different. But there was nothing. It was exactly the same, right down to the broken teacup on top of the bookcase.

"Zara."

"Zara."

"Zara!" I finally got drawn out my thoughts as Deeks placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Huh?" I turned from the haunting broken teacup to look at his concerned face.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Yeah. What's up?" I subtly shrugged my shoulders and he removed his hand, keeping the concern etched on his face, but fortunately he didn't press any further.

"Eric and Nell found something," He announced, holding up his tablet to show the two tech wizards waving at us from the screen.

"What you got?" I asked, knowing full well what they had found, as I prepared myself for the news.

"Well we have been looking for ties to other cases, and we've found a definitive connection to at least three other cases. We're searching for people associated with the other cases but- " Nell started.

"Oh look at that, I found one! And he's right here in LA too." Eric squinted at the screen. "In gaol. I'll get him sent to the boat shed." He continued.

"No need. We can go interview him ourselves." I said, already knowing who it was.

"You sure Zara? It's really easy to just bring them to the-" Deeks started, and i could tell from his expression that he still thought something was off with me.

"No, I'm sure. I just think it'll take less time." I added an explanation so he might stop worrying, even though we both probably new I was lying.

"Okay then." Deeks relented.

"Cool. You want to drive?" I threw him the keys, and started walking away.

"Yep. Oh wait, Eric can you tell them we're coming?"

"Already done." Nell replied for him.

"Just tell them your there to question, uh-" Eric looked down at his screen, and I felt the gnawing pit in my stomach grow even bigger.

"Joe Patricks." Eric finished. "Yep, his name is Joe Patricks."

A/N: So this is a really short chapter i know but i really wanted to end the chapter like this. if you realise why you have a real good memory, if not you might want to reread the first few chapters or something, but you don't have to. anyway ya i feel like i might actually get some chapters done and i'm excited 😊 also thanks for anyone who is still reading this failing book