七 ✔️

"What are you doing?"

  "Stop it!"

  "Don't do that! It hurts!"

A scream can be heard from outside. But outside from where? Another scream, and another.

  (Y/n) sits up in her bed at an alarming speed, sweat dribbling off her forehead as she panted. She heard another scream from the opened window in her large bedroom. She was confused. Had she not dreamt that? And why was her window open?

  Getting up from her bed, her oversized shirt slid down from her shoulder and draped and moved along with her body. Grabbing her phone, she dialed Akira and placed the phone up to her ear. She went to her dresser and grabbed a pair of shorts, quickly sliding them on as she talked.

  "(Y/n)? It's like 2 in the morning. If it's anything other than you wanting sex, I don't care." The boy groaned, his voice groggy as he joked.

  "It's nothing like that, Akira." The girl sighed, grabbing a light cardigan and walking out onto her balcony. She looked left then right before hearing another scream, this time it was someone else.

  "Then what could it possibly be?

  "I think there are a few demons near my home. I keep hearing screaming from different people. It woke me up. There must be a hoard of them..." She mumbled the last part to herself as she walked back inside and searched through one of her bags.

  "Demons gotta eat, (Y/n)." The boy sighed out. She rolled her eyes as she heard shuffling on his end.

  "Exactly, and oh, what's your job again? To eradicate them?" She asked, pinching the bridge of her nose in annoyance. She grabbed a video recorder from her bag and slipped on her slippers.

  " What? You want me over? Is it that bad?"

"Yes, it's that bad! They're so close I can hear them crunching on the bones of the innocent! Just--when will you be here?"

"5 minutes. Don't do anything stupid, (Y/n)." She rolled her eyes again and walked downstairs.

  "Ugh, I won't-"

  "I'm serious, (Y/n)." His voice suddenly got more strict, making the girl stop. He was outside now, she could hear the cicadas from his end on the phone. She thought for a moment and furrowed her eyebrows. She's never heard him use that tone with her. She couldn't put a finger on why she liked it so much.

  "Okay, I'm getting on the bike now. I'll see you in 5." He hangs up without giving her a chance to say 'bye', or 'drive safe.' She turned off her phone and placed it into her pocket. She fixed a few tangles in her hair with her hands and then opened the door to her house.

---

  Being as stealthy as possible, she walked in the direction of the screams. She could hear other gross noises as well and decided not to think about the cause of them. As she got closer to the noises, a strong metallic smell flooded her nose. She pinched her nose and turned on the recorder. Holding it up to her eye, she quietly walked down the street in search of the beasts.

  Carefully looking down an alleyway, she could see around 4 demons, slaughtering 6 people. Some of them already dead, their torn limbs lie on the bloodstained ground. She pointed the camera in their direction and recorded the situation at a respectful distance.

  "C'mon, who's next?" one of the demons say. Their voice low and hoarse.

  "G-Genki, let's make them kill e-each other!" Another one says. It was a smaller one with wings. Its voice was painfully shrill. The people huddled close together and (Y/n)'s eyes widened. She couldn't watch this, but she needed the footage for Ryo. Looking down at the ground, she thought for a moment. Finally deciding, she repositioned the camera, stepping a bit closer.

  A loud noise suddenly got the demon's attention. They looked at (Y/n).

  She kicked a crushed soda can. 

  "Fuck."

  "Oh, another one? Filming too? How twisted! Get her, Teiko." The largest one says, as one of the demons with wings steps towards her.

  "We're gonna be eating good tonight boys!" He laughed and swooped down at the girl. She bolted as he attempted to grab her. Turning a sharp corner, she ran into a dead end.

  "Shit," she panted, pushing herself up against the wall and dropping the camera. The demon carelessly grabbed her, his sharp claws dug into her skin as they wrapped around her torso. She cried out, blood seeping through her clothes. With all her might, she managed to pry herself from the demon's hands but soon fell from a great height onto the cement, hurting her once healed wrist again. Tears streamed down her face as she sat up, scooting as far away from the demon as possible. She held her wrist up to her chest as she proceeded to cry. She felt like a child, helplessly crying in front of a nearing demon. Her wrist burned and felt heavy.

  "Oh, is the little baby gonna cry? You know, if we met somewhere else, I would probably give you a chance to live." He laughed, grossing the poor girl out even more. "You're awfully attractive," He went on, shifting some features to appear more human.

  "What's your name," He demanded, stepping closer. The girl shook her head, crying even more. She has never felt weaker than anything in her entire life. He waited for a moment and then kicked her as hard as he could, quite possibly breaking her arm. She screamed out as she was shoved a couple feet. She held onto her arm again, glaring at the horrendous male.

  "Well, if you aren't gonna talk, might as well just finish you off!" He shifted back to his demon form, towering over the small girl. His fangs dripped with saliva as he raised his hand to brutally bludgeon her. She closed her eyes and waited for the impact, only to open them again to the sound of a thud.

  The monster's arm was sliced off. He screamed in pain and in anger as he turned behind him to look at his attacker.