二六 ✔️

A quiet sob left the boy's lips as more tears fell from his cheeks. He shook his head and wiped his face. He studied the features on the girls face, next to him. Her lifeless, dull eyes. Her dry mouth and chapped lips. Her skin was very pallid than from before. He gently wiped away some of the crusted blood off of her cheek, slowly dipping down and hesitantly placing his lips on hers.

  He didn't care if she was gone, he desperately needed her back. Even these last few hours with her body meant the world to him as her presence was gone. As he gently kissed her, he slipped his fingers between hers and squeezed her hand. If only she'd kiss back. He noticed that her hand felt different from before. Strangely warm, and then nothing. Pulling away, he looked at her face. Her eyes were closed, particles and fragments of her began to glow, slowly fluttering away. His eyes widened as he looked up, the glowing bits and pieces of her danced with the wind.

  "N-no, not yet!" He called out, grabbing the corpse by her shoulders. Her hands and legs have already departed, bits of her cheeks started to glow as well. "Not yet," he whispered to himself as tears continued to stream down from his face. She was gone. Her body, her presence, everything. She's all gone. He had nothing left but sweet memories of her. Oh, he was going to kill Ryo when he got the chance.

  "Akira," a voice called out behind him. He thought he was hallucinating so he ignored it. When a hand was placed on his shoulder, he quickly looked behind him, his eyes widening with disbelief.

  "(Y-Y/n)?" He asked. She had just as many wings as the bastard who killed her. All 12 in their holy glory. The sun illuminated off the back of her, her smile shining just as bright as the rising sun. Her hair was longer, covering up her bare chest. He quickly flung himself onto her, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her to him tightly.

  "Listen, Akira. I'm sorry for doing that, I've probably worried y–" before she could finish her sentence, his lips were pressed against hers. She smiled and kissed back, placing her hands on his cheeks. "I don't care," he planted into the kiss. It felt so nice, relief almost, just to know she's alive. For her to kiss back was pure bliss. He grabbed her hands and held them in his hands, slowly pulling away.

  "You have wings," he chuckled softly. She nodded and told him what had happened. How she died, how she had spoken with the archangel and merged with them. Everything. Though, as she spoke, she looked off in thought.

  "What's wrong?" He placed a hand on her cheek to draw her attention towards himself.

  "Raguel mentioned something about a cycle. He said he didn't want it repeating. Could this have happened before?" She asked with worry. He pushed some of her hair behind her ear and kissed her cheek.

  "We'll just have to ask that bastard about it then, won't we." He chuckled. She nodded with a smile as he squeezed her into a tight hug again.

  "You don't know how upset I was," he mumbled, taking in her scent. She frowned and wrapped her arms around him as well, pulling him in closer.

  "I'm so sorry, I didn't know what I was thinking."

  He smiled to himself, brushing his fingers through her long hair. Remembering how Ryo had a mixed physique of both female and male genitalia, he quickly looked down at the girl's lap and sighed. Thank god she didn't have a dick, he thought. Laughing, she pulled away and stood up. The male stood up quickly following her and holding onto her hands. He treasured how warm they were, how they had their color and how soft they were.

  "When you were gone, your hands were so cold and pale. I couldn't believe that you were dead. I refused to believe it. When your body dropped from that pipe, I picked you up and took you here." He rambled on as he played with her hands. She smiled a little to herself, knowing what impact she had on him. He truly did love her, and she was happy. She loved him too.

  "So that's why we're here." She chuckled. He nodded and wrapped his arms around her once again.

  He was so happy to have her back,

  And she was happy to be back.