八 ✔️

"A-Akira!" The girl cried out to the boy behind the demon. His eyes went wide seeing her tearstained face. She clutched her arm in pain as she scooted farther back from the distracted demon.

"Wh-who the fuck are you!?" He screamed as the yellow blood-like substance drips from his severed arm. Akira glares at it furiously; (Y/n) has never seen him like this.

"Who the fuck am I?" He repeats, his form changing into Amon. "Who the fuck am I!? I'm Devilman!" He yells out, his shirt tearing off his body as he shifted forms. The demon took a step back with worried eyes.

"H-hey, chill out! Can't you see we're the same? I could share if you want," The demon offered, suddenly making Akira angrier than he already was. Akira ran up to it and tore him apart effortlessly. The yellow blood splatters on (Y/n)'s face and clothes. He drops the cleaved demon on the ground and walks up to the girl.

"Akira," The girl sighed out with a relieved smile. The boy shifts back. Luckily for (Y/n), his black pants weren't destroyed during his transformation. The boy's anger was still present on his face, but not as much as it was with the demon.

"What did I tell you, (Y/n)." he crouches down, his tone slightly dark. Her smile falters and tears start to form in her eyes.

"I-I'm so sorry, Akira. I didn't know this was going to happen. I-I thought I was recording in an area they couldn't see me..." She lowered her head in shame. Her grip on her other arm tightened as she cried a little harder out of fear. His gaze softened and pulled her onto his lap and into a gentle hug. He stroked her hair, calming her down a bit.

"Let's get you home," he responded, lifting her up. He glanced at the broken video camera and then walked out of the alley.

"D-did you at least save the others?" She looked up to him with hope. He kept walking, not looking down at her.

"When I got there, the demons had already fled leaving the mess they made. By the looks of it, I guessed that they finished up and left no survivors." He said in a soft voice. She looked down feeling a mix of emotions surge through her. Sadness and anger towards herself. It was all for nothing. Her distraction didn't even help a person and she got hurt in the process. Akira walked up the steps to her house and set her down by at the door. 

"Can you walk?" He asked, his arms outstretched and ready to catch her if she fell. She placed a hand on his arm and gave him a smile. With a nod, she opened the door. He helped her up the stairs and to her bedroom.

"You can use the guest bedroom if you want for tonight. It's mostly used as Ryo's room. He has clothes in there as well." She said sitting down on her bed and inspecting her arm. She could move it, thank god it wasn't broken. Surely bruised and sprained, but not broken. Akira looks down at her arm as she slides the cardigan off her shoulder. The bruise looked horrible. His eyes widened and he quickly came up to inspect it. 

  "What happened?" He asked with extreme worry, gently grabbing her arm to get a closer look.

  "A-Ah! Be careful!" She winced. He apologies and gently brushed his fingers over the dark purple blotch on her arm. His expression saddens and he pulls her into another gentle hug.

  "Akira,"

  "I promise I will be there for you next time. I will protect you. I'm so sorry for getting there late, I promise it won't happen again." He says softly and with determination. He nuzzles into her neck and squeezes her as he continues to apologize.

  This shocks (Y/n) for a moment. "W-wait, you aren't mad at me?" She brings her hands up and hugs him back. She lightly traces the muscles on his back. He relaxes at her touch.

  "No, I'm not mad. I'm just upset that you got hurt. You could've died and I would've lost you... I wouldn't be able to live with myself if that happened..." he mumbled the last part.

  She didn't know what to say so she kept quiet. They stayed like that for a while until (Y/n) pulled away. She swore that if she didn't pull away, he would stay like that forever.

  "I'm gonna take a shower... You should too," she said, referring to the demon blood on the both of them. He nodded and stood up, walking towards the door of her room.

  "The guest bedroom is right next to mine. It's just down the hall." She pointed in the direction of the room and stood up, walking towards her bathroom. He nodded and exited the room.

  "What did he mean by couldn't live without me?"