二三 ✔️

(Y/n) lay in Akira's arms. Her eyes closed, his black shirt cascaded down her curves. His soft brown eyes studied her facial features, his hand delicately cupping her cheek. She slept peacefully, her arms wrapped around his chest, their legs intertwined. She was comfy and so was he. If only he could stay like this forever with her. That would be more than amazing. His larger hand made its way down and he rubbed her side, thinking to himself.

  What if they did stay like that forever? What if they hid out from all the chaos? Would the humans win?

  His brows furrowed in thought.

  He could survive the demons, but...

  (Y/n) couldn't. Death would be inevitable for her; a miracle if she did somehow survive.

  He gently removed himself from her and sat on the edge of the bed, still in thought. The movement made the girls eyes flutter open, lifting her torso up as well.

  "Akira?" She asked in a somnolent voice.

  "(Y/n), I can't stay here with you... I can't hide out while the humans are fighting an unjust war. The humans will never win without the Devilmen's help." He speaks with a valiant tone, standing up, not looking his partner in the eye. He was worried about her. He loved her of course and refused to let anyone and anything hurt her. She was a human and he must protect her kind. Standing up, she draped her arms over his shoulders and pecked his cheek. She stood on her tiptoes, his height a major difference compared to hers. She pressed her chest up against his back and took in his scent.

  "I understand," she replied calmly. His eyes lit up and a smile painted his lips. "I'll just go with you."

  His eyes widened, brows furrowed and he whipped around grabbing her by the shoulders.

  "No way, under no circumstances. You are staying here. You'll get killed out there!"

  The girl rolled her eyes and chuckled. "No, I won't. I'll be fine." She gave him another wide, reassuring smile. The boy's eyelids lowered, his eyes dimmed.

  "You almost got killed a month ago. By demons."

  "No, no! I can do it—I'll help you. I'll get a gun, and–"

  "(Y/n)," the boy pressed his forehead against hers, shushing the girl. "You aren't going. I promise I'll be back before you know it. I'll just fly down, and talk to Ryo about how to eliminate them. Surely he knows..." the boy smiled, his black leather wings expanding from his back.

  "W-wait–!" She called out, grabbing onto his forearm. He opened the steel door to the bunker. Turning around, he smashed his lips onto hers, his demon markings making its way onto his skin, his tail flicking around.

  "I promise, I'll be back before you know it." He repeated again. With a sigh, she nodded and waved him off as he flew.

  Little did he know, someone was tagging along.