二十 ✔️

(Y/n) was sprawled out on her bed, phone in hand. The bright screen lit up the room as she continued to watch the broadcast. Akira was invited to a highly broadcasted track meet and Ryo was there to record. His main focus was on Koda, who he knew was a demon. How she knew this? Through Akira of course. Since she knew he was only trying to expose this poor highschooler, she watched on his feed since he'd cut out all of the other ones later on. She hated the fact that she had to watch what happens through Ryo's feed, but it's the only way to be able to watch the entire thing. Groaning at the blonde's appearance on screen, she stood up from her bed and walked downstairs to the kitchen, phone in hand. She set the phone on the marble counter and opened up the fridge, getting a bottle of water. She twisted the cap off, setting it next to her phone, and lifts the bottle up to her lips.

  "Koda... is a demon!"—She could hear from her phone. She shook her head, feeling sorry for the poor boy as he started morphing into his demon form. All that ran through the girl's mind later that night was on why he would do that. At what cost was that for? For what reason, why did he expose the demons? What would he gain from the world going to war with each other and people fearing that their neighbors were demons? He knows what could happen, the possibilities and consequences of this. 

  Unless...

  Her eyes widen and she slowly reaches for her phone. Ryo's face on the screen was distorted into a wide smile.

  "Someone's not who they say they are...."

---

  "You're hiding him?"

  "Well, yeah. He's a devilman too!" The boy confronted his girlfriend, his fists clenched as he looks down. He was a little upset with Ryo because he didn't call it off, but that was his childhood best friend. Ryo must have his reasons, he wouldn't do that just because he wanted to. Would he?

  He fully trusts Ryo.

  "...Akira, there's something we need to talk about... It's about Ryo–" before she could finish, Akira's phone rang. He took the phone out from his pocket and looked at the caller I.D. Akira's eyebrows furrowed as he began to glare at the girl.

  "Look, I know you're upset with him about how he murdered your mom and brother, but I still trust him. And I really don't care what you think about him, because I'm there for him. So just drop it." He finishes and turns around, answering the phone.

  "Hey, Ryo!" The boy greets cheerfully into the phone.

  Anger boiled inside the girl as he began to talk to Ryo on the phone like nothing happened. Since when did he start acting like this!? What the hell!? She clenched her fists and glared at the back of his head as he finished his call. Sliding his phone into his pocket, he turns around, only to be slapped in the face by his lover. Tears brimmed her eyes as she continued to glare at the male, waiting for him to recover. He winced as he cupped his cheek, an eye shut closed. He opened his mouth to speak but she cut him off.

  "Do not talk to me like that in my own home." She growled. His eyes widened as he opened his mouth to say something again, but was cut off by (Y/n)'s finger pointing to the door.

  "Leave." A tear slid down her cheek. He regained his posture and cleared his throat.

  "(Y/n)..." he called to her remorsefully.

  "Go." She growled once more, turning around and slowly walking up the stairs to her room. He hesitated for a moment before heading towards the door. His fingers wrapped around the golden knob before turning to look back up at (Y/n). Her form descended up the stairs rather quickly and down the hall to her room.

  Gripping the doorknob tightly, tears flowed out from his cheeks.

Why did he do that?