二一 ✔️

"(Y/n), please. Please let me in." Akira cried out, pounding a fist on her door. This just upset her more. 1) because Akira was crying and 2) because she was just as mad at him. He had no reason to treat her like that, so why did he? Maybe they just need space. He has been over at her house a lot.

  "Akira–" before she could say anything else, she heard gunshots. Her eyes widened as she stepped off of her bed and walked to her window. Looking down from her large apartment building, she could see multiple people dead, leaving the ground and walls of buildings painted with blood. Human blood. She clasped a hand over her mouth as more soldiers and police officers shoot innocent people, claiming that they were demons. Someone transformed into a long-armed demon and it began to climb up the walls, only to be shot down. Ever since Ryo's broadcast, the world now fears demons. People fearing that their neighbors are demons. It's gone on like this for the past few days; the police and soldiers shooting people for no reason. Whether they hated the person or just didn't like them, no matter if they were a demon or not, they were shot down. 

  She stepped back from the window and shook her head. A veil of tears cascaded down from her eyes as she witnessed the murder of a few more people by the police. Sorrow brimmed her to her core. Even though she's witnessed a few deaths in her lifetime, it's still hard to process. A human life is being taken away for the wrong reason, what's not to feel upset about?

  "(Y/n)? Are you okay?" Akira shouts through the door. He must've heard the shots.

  "Akira, please, go home." She mumbled, sliding down the wall next to the window. After a few moments of silence pass. Thinking he was gone, she was shocked to hear her door rattling. The golden knob swiveled as Akira attempted to open it. She groaned and cupped her ears as she continued to hear the doorknob jiggle. He used his strength and broke the locked door, pushing it off its hinges. She glares at him with wide eyes, knowing she'd have to pay for that.

"Akira! There was no reason for you-" before she could finish, the glass sliding door that she sat next to shattered. A demon has entered her room and this time it wasn't Akira. In the blink of an eye, he transformed and shielded her from the glass, shoving the demon back off the balcony. She was curled up in a ball as he leaned his large body over her. Slowly uncurling, she looked up at Akira, tears flowed from his yellow, devilish eyes.

  "Akira..." she mumbled, her eyes softening as she glanced at his tears; a few drops landed on her cheeks. Raising her arms up, he lowered himself as she wrapped her arms around his neck. His claw-like hand was gently placed on her back as he slowly shifted back to human. He snuggled into the crook of her neck, lightly inhaling her scent.

  "(Y/n), please listen to me." He started, slowly standing up with her in his arms. "It's not safe here–"

  "I have a bunker we could go to. It would be safer," she quickly explained. Her brows were slightly furrowed due to recent events.

---

  "I'm sorry. I'm not sure why I responded like that. Ryo contacted me that day and said that I don't spend enough time with him and that l am always with you..." he shook his head as he looked at the white tiles on the ground. (Y/n) nodded as she listened to his side of the story. He's still a kid, must be hormones, she guessed.

  "Akira—"

  "(Y/n), I have no one left but you now." Tears spilled from his dimmed eyes.

  (Y/n) gasped. "W-what?" She couldn't possibly know what he meant.

  "Miki... Ryo's in Peru... he told me he had some business down there and then Miki's mom and her son went missing and-and" tears continued to flood from his eyes, staining his cheeks.

  It pained her to hear him cry. He cried for everyone and she valued that from him. "Akira," she whispered into his ear, calming him down. He raised his head up and gazed into her eyes. Taking her hand, she gently wiped away his tears and kissed his nose. With a chuckle, he continued his story.

  "Everyone is dead, (Y/n)... Y-you're all I have left..." he cried out a little louder. She frowned and pressed her forehead up against his.

  "I love you," she sighed out and pressed her lips against his. His hand cupped her cheek as he kissed her a little more roughly. He needed her and she was there. It's all he ever wanted, and she's all he ever needed. She pressed into him, tilting her head to the side and deepening the kiss as if it were her last.

As if it were her last...