三十 ✔️

"This is it... This is the end."

  "So, how do we defeat him?" (Y/n)'s voice chimes. The two sat around a fire while Jenny stood. She preferably didn't like to sit, the two found out. It was dark, the sky black. Only a few stars dared to shine on this foggy night where the devil himself walked the Earth. Jenny and (Y/n) talked and devised a plan while Akira thought to himself. His chest was sunken as his arms lay limp at his sides. The rotten log he sat on was uncomfortable for him, but that wasn't on his mind. Why him of all people; why did he end up being Ryo's best friend. The boy combed his fingers through his thick black hair as he sat in thought. His little demon tail wagging in frustration almost like a cat. Suddenly, soft supple hands gripped his tail, calmly brushing through the black fur.

"Hey, what's gotten you so upset?" (Y/n) gave him a smile. The stress lines of his face lessened, suddenly calmed by her touch. He let out a rough sigh, slumping off the log and resting on the soft grass with his arms behind his head. She continued to pet his tail, giving it a light squeeze, almost as if signaling he should respond.

  "I just—I don't know what to think of this. Ryo's my best friend or was, but now we're set on killing him? (Y/n), I don't know if I can do this... He's hurt the both of us, but I've known him almost my entire life. It's like killing a brother."

  (Y/n) gave him a sincere look, lowering herself just a bit to get closer to his face. Her hair draped over her shoulders, seeming glowingly elegant in his eyes. She gave him a quick peck and a closed eye smile. "I understand. But Ryo is a bad man and needs to be punished. He will eventually destroy the world and himself. You heard Jenny, we have a chance this time. I will defeat him, and then we can live happily together." She cried out with joy, laying her head on his bare chest.

  "Wait, 'I'? You're gonna kill him? By yourself? No way!" Akira sat up and placed his hands on top of her shoulders. He shook her as he spoke, even more, distress lacing his tone.

  (Y/n) raised a brow and tilted her head. "Were you not paying attention to the plan?" The boy's eyes widened as if caught in the act. He shyly shook his head and looked to the side, avoiding eye contact. She shook her head and lifted herself off his chest.

  "You and Jenny will wipe out his henchmen while I take him head-on." She furrowed her brows with determination.

  "Why don't you and I switch places?" Akira suggested.

  "Not a good idea," interrupted Jenny. The two lovebirds looked at the red demon, the fire shining off her bright, smiling teeth. "You will be killed if you try, Akira. Although Amon was his champion, no mere mortal or demon is as strong as an archangel. (Y/n), on the other hand, has merged with an archangel. She has a chance."

  Akira lowered his head, his black hair bouncing with his movements. "When you say it like that, you make it sound like she won't survive..." He sulked. She placed a gentle hand on his back and rubbed small circles with her thumb.

  "Don't worry, Aki. We'll win, for sure." She then wrapped her arms around the boy and pulled him into a hug. His head was resting in the crook of her neck as he lazily wrapped his arms around her. We'll win, he told himself. She'll win. They'll save the human race and kill Ryo.

  "I think tomorrow is when we should strike. Ryo will be in Japan tomorrow." Jenny says to the two.

---

"Where is he? Where are the others?" Akira asks feeling impatient. The sun was high in the sky while a small breeze blew past the small group. The two stood in the middle of a field. Large rocks and debris were scattered in the field with other devilmen hiding. The place they chose, they knew he'd be there. It was near the pier where the three met a long time ago. It felt like ages to them.