十一 ✔️

"Hi, I'm Miki Makimura. You must be (Y/n). Akira talks a lot about you!" The short, brown-haired girl introduces, holding out her hand for (Y/n) to shake.

"Ah, Miki, it's nice to meet you too." The girl returned the brightly lit smile shakes her hand. "Oh- can I call you that?"

"Of course! So, Akira tells me you've graduated at a young age with a Ph.D.! Tell me about that! That's amazing, is it even possible?" The girl starts to ramble. (Y/n) chuckles and scratches the back of her head.

"Uh, yep! Entirely. I heard you're a really fast runner? I'd love to hear about that!" The girl redirects the subject about her, hating the new form of attention. Akira just smiled as the two chit-chatted away, loving the fact that his two of his favorite people are getting along so well. He heads into the dining room to find Miki's mom already cooking lunch while her dad sits at the table reading the paper.

"Oh, Akira," Her father looks up from his paper and slides a box in front of him. "Your phone came today. You know, we could've gotten you one earlier, all you had to do was ask." The older male smiled up at the boy as he takes the box and opens it, taking out his new phone. The boy gives a half smile and thanks the older married couple.

"Don't go giving out your number too quickly," Miki's mother joked, holding up the spatula with a wink. The boy chuckled and promised he wouldn't as he walked back out into the living room. Seeing Akira come back out, (Y/n) stands up from the couch, ignoring Miki's last sentence.

"It was nice meeting you, Miki. I'd love to see you again. Next time Akira comes over, have him bring you! I'd love to hang out." The girl smiles, heading over to the door and slides her shoes on.

"W-wait, you're leaving already?" Miki stands up, a little disappointed their time was cut short.

"Well, yeah, I have to work later."

"Yeah. Bye, Miki!" Akira smiled and waved, sliding the new phone in his pocket and grabbing (Y/n)'s wrist. He starts to walk out the door but she keeps her ground. He gives her a confused look.

"Actually, you stay here. I need a break from you, you wear me out, Akira." The girl joked, removing her hand from his grasp and walks out. "Oh, I'll have someone drop your bike off," She says looking back at the now frowning Akira. She sighed as she opened her car door, seeing that Akira won't go back inside and continues to pout.

"You can't come over anyways, Ryo mentioned something earlier that he needed you. Bye guys!" She waved, stepping into her expensive white car and driving away. The boy frowns some more and closes the door.

"Damn, I wanted to hang out with her today." He mumbled to himself. Miki chuckled from the couch, watching the boy sulk.

"I can see why she's pretty cool. You should have her come around more, I'd love to hang out with her! Miko's been acting strange to me lately..." Miki says, looking off into the distance. As Akira was about to comment, he heard a honk outside.

"Must be Ryo. Bye Miki!" The boy says, quickly opening the door and running out.

"Great, now I have no one to hang out with."

---

  "Are you even listening to me, Akira?" Ryo barked at the boy looking at his phone.

  "I am, I am! But, what's (Y/n)'s number? She completely forgot to give it to me before she left." The boy says, sinking down into his seat more, biting on the collar of his shirt as he plays with his new phone.

  "I don't know at the top of my head, I'll give it to you later." Ryo groans as he takes a sharp corner.

  "Oh come on, I really need--" before Akira could finish, he slams up against the windshield, cracking it a bit.

  "We're here, shut up." He says, opening up his door and gets out a bag.

  "But Ryo, your windshield." Akira groans, rubbing his forehead as he steps out.

  "I can replace it." He stated simply as he pulled out his video recorder. It was a cheaper one than the last one he saw. When they extracted his tooth... Akira shivered at the thought.

  "That really hurt, you know."

  "Wear your seatbelt then."