二九 ✔️

"Do you think th-"

"Shhh... They'll hear us..." Akira placed his hand over the girl's mouth. They were camped out in an abandoned, worn down church. Parts of the walls have already deteriorated, leaving gaping holes for people to crawl through. (Y/n) shook his hand off and rested her hand on his shoulder.

  "Akira, I can't do this anymore. We aren't fixing anything. I have—we have a mission. If we wait any longer, there'll be no more humans to save. We have to fight," she says, standing up. She was tired of hiding. If they stay hidden any longer, merging with Raguel would've been pointless. The boy quickly latches onto the girl's hand and pulls her back.

  "No, I can't lose you again! It was a miracle enough just getting you back, I-I-I," he stuttered. His eyes fogged with tears as he stared at the girl with half lidded eyes. It pained her to see him like this. How much of a toll her death took on him. He really did love her. She smiled at the thought and graced her hand over his cheek.

  "It's okay, I'm a lot stronger now. Don't worry." He nodded and shamefully wiped his cheeks. She giggled, and turned to look at the boy as she walked out of the building. Demons turned and looked at the two as a sinister look was etched her features. "Now, let's rid the world of these fuckers."

  Just as she was getting into position to wipe them out in one blow as she has practiced before, a familiar face teleported behind the hoard of demons. Akira and the girl both stop with surprised expressions on their face. The demons stop and look at her. What the hell was she doing here? Jenny's wide eyes blinked, quickly ending the lives of the demons. Orange blood gushed everywhere, coating the two. As (Y/n) cried out in disgust and attempted to get the blood off, Akira pushed the girl behind him. He was angry.

  "What are you doing here? What do you want!?" He yelled defensively. His teeth clenched as he waited for an answer. Jenny's red hair blew in the wind as she neared the two.

  "I want to help you." She held out her red gloved like hand. Akira took a step bad as she neared the two. Stepping out from behind him, (Y/n) gave the demon a weird look.

  "Wait, why?"

  "Satan is different now, I'm not his servant anymore." Jenny replied. Her feet were placed on the ground as she looked up at the two with her unblinking yellow eyes. "I assure you, I am being truthful." Akira and (Y/n) looked at each other in confusion. He pushed his bottom lip forward in thought.

  "How can we be sure to trust you?"

  As her yellow eyes stared off, she began thinking to herself. Surely, picturing what has happened in the past and why she decided to change sides. Deep down, she was upset. Satan has been horrible, and knowing that these two kids actually have a chance at taking it down, she could be eradicated too. She wasn't willing to take that chance knowing she won't come back if that does happen.

  "You have a chance at beating Satan this time." Her simple reply left the two confused once again.

  "This time? What does that even mean? You're saying we couldn't stand a chance before?" (Y/n) asked this time. Jenny nodded.

  "No. This has never happened, (Y/n). Satan is stuck on loop. What he wants, he can't have and it leads him on a destructive path that continues over and over again. It's like the fabled 'what came first? The chicken or the egg.' He falls, regains consciousness, leads a trail of endless chaos and destruction. And when everything is destroyed down on Earth, he takes it up with God to take his position. He always fails and then falls again, but each time he feels like he is getting closer and stronger. Akira has always attempted to stop him along with the other devilmen, but have always failed. And then one day, a few eons ago, (Y/n) came along. Satan thought that these two had a chance, but didn't act out upon it. Every time (Y/n) died, she reincarnated. She wasn't strong since she was human so it didn't matter, until now." Jenny finished. The two stared in wide eyes. That's been the most this short demon has ever said and man, she had something to say. Akira's eyes drifted over to the girl next to him in shock.

  "Satan is furious now that he knows you two have a chance since you merged, (Y/n). He took it out on me and I want him to pay." You could hear the tone in her voice. She was furious. She wanted revenge.

  Akira and (Y/n) turned to look at each other. Are they going to have her on their team? On their side? Reading each other's expression, they both knew their answer.