Chapter 8

Hermione was trying very hard not to laugh as she watched Draco try to put a diaper on a baby doll.

"Blast this stupid diaper" he muttered. That did it for Hermione as she burst out laughing. He glared at her but she kept laughing. "It's not funny"

"It so is" she said.

"Fine you try it Miss. Smart-Pants." He said pushing the baby and diaper towards her. After she got her laughing under control she grabbed the diaper. She turned it over to show him the front since he was trying to put it on backwards.

"This side is the front" she said then took baby doll and laid it down before taking the legs of the baby and lifting it up so the butt was off the table. She the took the diaper and placed it under the baby butt, she then set the legs down and began to stap the diaper up.

"Fascinating" he said.

"Not when it's full of smelly poop." She said. Draco made a face in disgust.

"Have you changed a diaper before?" He asked.

"Yes, I have a niece who I had to babysit while her parents were on a date night" she said. Draco nodded before taking the diaper off and doing the same thing Hermione did. He smiled once he finished.

"May I have your attention before I dismiss you all." McGonagall said. Everyone looked at her. "Thank you, now next week you will be going to the hospital wing where you will find out the gender of your baby. If you wish for it to be a surprise that's fine just tell the nurse so she will hide the screen from your view. Class is dismissed." She said.

"So do you want to know the gender or do you want it to be a surprise?" He asked grabbing a box of diapers that everyone was getting.

"I'm not sure, I think we should come up with a name first." She said as they walked out of health class.

"Okay, since we have a free period why not go on a picnic and decided from there." He said.

"Sounds great cause I'm hungry." She said. They quickly stopped at the Slytherin corridor so Draco could drop of the diapers. They then sneaked into the kitchen grabbed some sliced ham, cheese, crackers and two slices of cake. They grabbed two plates, two forks and a basket then put it all in the basket before leaving the kitchen. They walked out to the Black Lake where Draco made a blanket appear so they can set up shop. Once they settled down and had some food Hermione cleared her throat.

"So for a girl I was thinking Raelynn and for a boy I was thinking Milo."

"Raelynn Granger or Milo Granger?" He said.

"You don't want our baby to have your last name?" She asked.

"The Malfoy name brings nothing but pain and misery so why would I want to give our light of sunshine my last name." He said.

"The baby will bring light to the Malfoy name not misery and pain." She said then smirked. "Plus, don't you think it would drive your father crazy knowing that a child from a muggle-born has your last name." Draco grinned.

"You are a evil genius."

"So it's either Raelynn Granger Malfoy or Milo Granger Malfoy." Hermione said. "I am hoping for a boy"

"I am hoping for a girl." He said. Hermione sighed and laid down, putting her head on his lap.

"Are you nervous about becoming a father?" She asked. Draco looked down at her while playing with her hair.

"I am more afraid of being a failure. I don't want this kid to come out thinking that it is not loved by it's  family." He said. Hermione took his other hand and kissed it before putting it on her baby bump.

"This baby will be so well loved by his or her parents that it won't need anyone else's love." She said. Draco removed his hand and leaned over and kissed her clothed baby bump.

"Agreed" he said.

After that Draco stopped worrying about if the baby will feel unloved since his parents have refused to even talk to him. He knew that Hermione's parents wanted to see their bundle of joy once it was born since they weren't allowed to come to Hogwarts for the birth. Their love for the baby that wasn't really real would do to ease his troubled mind.

Later that night while getting ready for bed Hermione got a letter from Narcissa Malfoy.

Dear Miss. Granger

I am writing to tell you that I was happy to hear that you were chosen for my son, though my husband has different views I don't.

I have talked to Headmaster about coming to visit in a few days or so since my husband has refused to see sense. We Malfoys need to be on the right side of history and stop this prejudice against muggle-borns. I for one don't mind you being muggle-born. I hope to see you soon if you and Draco allow me too.

Sincerely, Mrs. Malfoy