Chapter 9

The next morning Hermione was in a hurry to see Draco. She needed to tell him about his mother's letter. She quickly grabbed the letter and her bag before hurrying to the Great Hall. Once there she found Draco and quickly went over to him.

"We need to talk" she said.

"Eat first, you need your strength." He said. Hermione handed the letter to him. He looked down at it before standing up. They left the Great Hall and headed to an empty classroom. Once they were there he read the whole letter.

"Do you think she is being honest?" She asked once he was done.

"Not sure but she would never do this if my father knew about it." He said.

"She asked Dumbledore if she could come and see us." She said just as Nearly Headless Nick appeared.

"You both are wanted in Headmaster's office." He said then disappeared through a wall. Hermione and Draco looked at each other nervously.

"Let's just find out what she wants and be done with it." Draco said. Hermione nodded before taking his hand and heading to Dumbledore's office. Once they got there McGonagall was waiting for them.

"Hello professor" they said.

"Good morning Miss Granger and Mr. Malfoy" she said. "Let's go in shall we?" She said the password and the door opened for them. They walked in and Draco froze when he saw his mother.

"Mother" He said making Narcissa turn to face him.

"My son" she said walking towards him. Hermione tried to let go of 0 his hand but he just gripped it tighter. Narcissa hugged her son before stepping back to look at Hermione. She looked down at the baby bump and smiled.

"What are you doing here mother?" Draco asked softening his tone.

"I came to see my son and the mother who carries his child." Narcissa said

"Hermione is my girlfriend as well." He said.

"Marvelous" she smiled. All of a sudden Hermione is being hugged by her boyfriend's mother.

"Mother let her breathe" Draco said once the hug became to long. Narcissa stepped back and grabbed a handkerchief from her pocket to dab her eyes with.

"I'm just so happy that my son has found happiness." She said.

"Thank you mother" he said.

"One of the reasons I came to see you is to tell you I have left your father."

"What?" Draco said shocked.

"I am tired of his prejudice ways so I left him and we are getting a divorce."

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked. "What if he takes all of your money? Where will you live?"

"Don't worry about me I have a large sum of money that your Grandfather Black left me and only me when he died. It's enough to get a small house out in the country side of muggle Longon." She said.

"We will come visit you once the baby is born." Hermione said taking one of Narcissa's hands.

"Thank you dear" she said.

"Hermione was about to eat breakfast would you like to join her?" Draco said. "I would join but I have class."

"I would love too" she said.

"I can have a private room set up for you." Dumbledore said.

"Thank you" Narcissa said. After setting things up in a private room they headed to the private room where they sat down to eat.

"So when do you find out if it's a girl or boy?"

"Next week" Hermione said.

"Are you hoping for a girl or boy?" She asked.

"Draco wants a girl and I want a boy but I'd be happy with either." Hermione said smiling. They ate in silence for awhile till Narcissa spoke.

"Do you love my son Miss. Granger?"

"I do"

"Enough to marry him?" She asked. Hermione choked on her food but quickly got it under control.

"Why do you ask?"

"I'm going to be very frank with you my husband will blame you for me leaving him and taking Draco away. He will try to get to you but if you are no longer a Granger but a Malfoy he can't touch you." She said.

"I'm not sure what you are saying. You want me to marry your son so his father can't touch me?"

"When a person marries a Malfoy they are protected by the Malfoy ancestors and anyone who tries to harm a Malfoy or has some else try to hurt a Malfoy will be cursed to hear the cries of the ancestors. Lucius wouldn't dare try to tempt fate so for the sake of you and my son, please marry him." She said.