Chapter 10

Hermione stayed in her room till lunch trying to figure out what to do about what Narcissa said. She knew that what she said might be true. If Lucius did try to hurt her Draco would be furious so shouldn't she do everything she could to stop that, but she had no idea if he would even want to marry her. She knew he loved her but did he love her enough to be with her forever. Hermione stood up from her bed knowing she needed to talk to him about it.

She left her room in search of him and found him in the Great Hall talking to Blaise. She went over to him and tapped his shoulder. He looked up and smiled.

"How was breakfast with my mother?" He asked.

"Let's talk about that in private." She said. His smile dropped and he nodded before standing up. They headed to the Room of Requirement where they sat down on a couch next to a roaring fire.

"What did my mother say?" He asked. She then told him what she said before watching him process this.

"My grandfather went into one of his many rages and hit my grandmother. The next day he was taken to an asylum because he kept scratching his ears screaming for them to go away. I was ten and really confused until my father explained the curse of the Malfoys. It has been around for generations since the first Malfoy was a psycho and killed his wife. His son cast a curse on the Malfoy family to protect them. No one can hurt them even their own family."

"So let's get married" Hermione said.

"What?" He said.

"I know we are young but I want to be with you forever so let's get married. If you don't want a big wedding that's fine we can just have a small wedding with just me and you plus Ginny and Blaise for the witnesses." Hermione said. Draco chuckled before getting up and then going down on one knee. He pulled out a small ring box and opened it.

"I knew the moment my mother said she was leaving my father that he would blame you so after you and my mother left I told Dumbledore about my plan and he let me go to Gringotts to get the Malfoy family ring. I was going to tell you about the curse then propose in a romantic way tonight but I guess my mother unintentionally ruined my plans so this is going to have to do." He said.

"Will you marry me Hermione Jean Granger?" Hermione wiped her eyes filled with tear and took a deep breath.

"Yes" she said. Draco smiled and took the ring out of the box before slipping it on to her ring finger. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her.

"I love you so much" he said pulling back to kiss her.

"I love you too so much" She said. She smiled against his lips before taking his hand and putting it on her stomach. His eyes widened and he pulled back from the kiss when he felt a flutter of a kick.

"Someone must be happy his/her parents are getting married." She said. Draco kissed where the movement was before looking up at Hermione.

"When do you want to get married?" He asked.

"As soon as possible" she said.

"How about tonight in the Great Hall with our friends and family?" He said.

"My parents would never understand and would try to stop us even though I'm eighteen so let's do a small wedding with just me and you plus our friends and your mom." She said.

"Okay but we are going to have to tell them since we are going to visit them once the baby is born." He said making her sigh.

"I know but I want to be happy on my wedding day and they will just upset me but I promise to tell them when we visit them." Hermione said.

"This is going to blow up in our face but I don't care." He said. "So you grab Ginny, Ron, Harry and Luna and I will grab Pansy, Blaise and my mother then we will head to Dumbledore's office after dinner and ask him to officiate." He said before standing and helping her up off the couch.

"Okay I will see you tonight" she said then gave him a quick kiss before heading off to find her friends.

Hermione found them and told them the truth and they were a little upset that this was happening so fast but they understood that this was what she wanted and agreed to come to the wedding. Later that night Hermione and Draco stood in front of Dumbledore and said their vows as their friends and Draco's mother watched. And when Draco kissed her Hermione felt a wave of pure magic wash over her. She heard voices saying welcome to the Malfoy family.