The One Where He Interrupts

////

////

A young woman of about 18 years of age was standing in front of the mirror, wearing a blood red frock cinched at her tiny waist. She barely looked her age. Her long lashes touched her brows as she blinked and curved lips were tinted red. Her tiny feat adorned a pair of black flats. She was tying her hair- brown, like a stream of muddy water in golden sunlight- , very much like her eyes-behind her head. Everything about her seemed normal but was very exquisite. Her skin, however, was ethereal. It was pristinely fair and it glowed as if the sun itself had lend her some of it's noor.

Grabbing her dupatta- which was the same colour as her dress, she went out towards the kitchen. In the kitchen- which was airy and large with everything in it white and marble- she was surprised to see everyone in a hurry.

"What is happening?"

"There are some guests here, beta. Do me a favour and go see if Ibraheem has left already".

Like always no one answered her properly. Hmmm . How many more times did she had to tell them she was not a child.

She went to look for her Ibraheem bhai. He was surely gone. It was very late in the afternoon. So she decided to go and see if his car was still here.

In the garage, beside the green lawn and the jubilant flowers, she found someone else.

One look at his young charming face and she remembered that she had seen him in the mall yesterday. With his mother. When she was out shopping with her cousins.

Yesterday was indeed a peculiar day. She had bumped into him and when she said "Sorry, Bhai" he had only blinked stupidly.

Later he came with his mother. His mother had asked to talk to her cousin Adina, which she was hesitant about. But the woman insisted. After telling she was his mother, the woman began talking to Adina quietly. She was curious but she let it be. And all the while, this guy kept looking at her weirdly.

So spare her but she was very shocked to find him at her house, near her sunflowers.

"You?" Her voice was quiet. She had always felt intimidated around unknown men.

"Me?", he pronounced when he turned around to look at her, his lips stretching into a smile.

"Are you chasing us, Bhai?"
She always included bhai while talking to men. It was a habit due to which she now had numerous brothers.

"Nobody told you? I have come here for hand in marriage. Ab tau bhai na kaho! (At least don't call me brother now) ".

He smiled cheekily, his brown hair falling into eyes.

Jannat blushed so that the colour of her skin and the colour of her dress were matching. Her eyes lowered and her mind went haywire. She was so inexperienced, so shy, so pure that she didn't know what to do.

A loud cough interrupted her thought.

"What's going on here?Who are you?"

Came the voice loud, powerful and oh so intimidating voice of Ibraheem.

Jannat flushed again. The world was filled with men, bad and good, but no one had intimidated her as much as this man did. He looked powerful in his three piece black suit that fitted him perfectly. Broad shoulders, lean built and oh so tall. This man was fitnah. But Jannat, didn't see him that way, she just saw him as a controlling brother. Because that's what he was, her brother though not by blood.

His dark glare pierced her and the man before her and she didn't know what to do so she ran. Ran into the house, her dupatta flying behind her leaving the poor man as the only victim of Ibraheem's glare.

\\\\\\\\\

Ibraheem mera shair is out!

What do you guys think?

Vote and Comment guys!

/////