The One Where He Is Angry

آج دیدار کو تیرے اشک ترس گۓ
کہ کل گزے تو سال گزر گۓ

///////

She was gone.

It was all over.

Ibraheem sat the large oak table , repeating those words again and again, the collar unfolded, three buttons undone and the sleeves of his office shirt folded. His arms stretched out, one holding a glass of a golden coloured poison and the other held his head. Red eyes and the half empty bottle was proof of his undone state.

But nothing could explain how he felt. She had left him. He hurt he and she left him.

Drinking more of that champagne liquid, Ibraheem ran a had through his hair. He was frustrated at himself, at her. Was this it? She wouldn't even give him a chance to explain?

One sided love is always painful. But rejection, distrust and hate from your beloved is destroying. It burns one from the inside until he is nothing but a shell, a shape without form and a shade without colour. He becomes hollow.

That is how Ibraheem felt that day in the darkness of his study.

Will his past destroy him?

Unconsciously, he rubbed at the left side of his chest where his heart was to try to physically reduce the pain but in vain.

The clouds cried that night for the jilted lover,the moon invisible in the gloomy sky.

                     ///////

Jannat had just reached into the drawer to pick the sleeping pills but someone knocked at the door. Jannat quickly dropped it back in and turned around to hide her red face.

The door opened with a creak and Jannat's heart thumped. Will she have to explain it in front of her cousins too now?

"Jannat baji, should I bring your lunch here? Everyone will come back after lunch."

Asifa, their made was saying this and Jannat exhaled a breath. Without turning around she said, "I am not hungry. I will eat later."

When she was gone Jannat went to shower.She stood in the shower, her tears mixing with pouring water, her hand against the cold glass of the shower area for support.

She cried for a lot of things, then she cried after thinking about what she was going to do. Did she try to take her own life?

If it was not for Asifa knocking on the door, she would've done it in the craze of that moment.

She decided she needed to face it. She would be brave until all the guests are gone and then she would explain everything to her mother. She would get the divorce. Just some more days.