The One Where She Thinks

/////

/////

Jannat was crying, heavy tears
falling on her the pillow beneath her head.

When Dua came looking for her, she turned the lights off and made an excuse of heaving a headache. But Dua knew better. She left Jannat on her own, because honestly, she needed it.

Jannat knew it was coming. She had been postponing thinking about everything for a very long time. She was just letting things go with the flow, how nature had planned it, without thinking anything about it.

Last night, she had accepted that she loved him. How could she not? He was thoughtful, he was loving. His actions convinced her that he liked her too.

But now his indifference about her marrying someone else made her think twice. He was even eager, to show that he didn't mind one bit about who she married.

She thought back to all the moments she had thought were beautiful, when she had thought he was interested in her.

When he had accidentally seen her, that day at his house, she was mortified. Who wouldn't be?

When he had beat Azlaan up for saying those things about her, she was honestly flattered. But she didn't know what to do. She hadn't had any experience of anything like this before.

When he had kissed her on her cheek and nose, she had just blushed. It wasn't very uncommon for a brother to kiss his sister on the cheek. Was it? But the things it had made her feel were not sisterly. He had looked at her as a man looked at a woman he liked. She was confused, naturally.

But that at the gym, when he had brushed his lips against hers, she felt it. She had felt the love she had for him.

Since childhood, he had protected her, he had made her feel loved. He had played with her, even when he was twenty. He had sipped tea from her fake tea set, had helped her with her homework. He was her brother.

Then he went abroad to study. There was very little contact for five years.

As she got older, he started to get distant. He moved out, got his own house and started the business. He was successful.

She used to think about what he was doing every night, who he was with, missing him.

When he had come to her room that night, she was scared for herself. She knew she was falling. She knew she was falling deep.

When he asked her not to call him bhai was what triggered her thoughts.

Now that he had seen her nearly naked, she had let him kiss her, he was asking her not to call him bhai. His feelings changed suddenly when he saw her naked? Was that it?

She was angry at herself for letting him feel she was easy.
Where were her morals when she let a man ,who she thought of as a brother, kiss her?

Where were his morals when he kissed her just because he could dominate her?

It made her feel used. Now he didn't want anything to do with her, when he had snatched her heart right out if her chest?

What if's roamed her mind.

What if he never liked her? It was just a fleeting wave of lust he felt for her. He felt he could dominate her, intimidate her, so he took what he wanted. Now he wanted to go back to how it was. Now he wanted to throw her at someone else.

Jannat cried when she thought that he didn't think of her as his sister now. He thought of her as just a woman, who he could use and throw away.

She missed her parents then. Even though she didn't remember one thing about them, she missed them with all her heart. Their images she had seen in old pictures flashed before her eyes as she cried. First time in her life, she felt what she was- an orphan.

Ibraheem had done it, he had destroyed everything his parents worked hard for, everything they did to make her believe that she was their child. Not alone. Not an orphan.

She knew his mother and father would not hesitate to take her side, do everything they could do to protect her from their own son. But that was it, wasn't it? She loved them, she'll never let them know that their son betrayed them.

She halted her thoughts right there when she thought about he had called her his. No, she will not assume everything by herself. Maybe he wanted to talk to Baba privately.
Maybe he had a reason.

She saw a ray of hope. She decided she would ask him. She will give him her heart in a platter, and give him a choice to either take it or break it.

////////////////

I felt like making you guys wait but my sister is forcing me to write instead of study! 😂😭

Do you think her thoughts are reasonable?