The One Where They Break and Then Become One

تمہیں دلگی بھول جانی پڑے گی۔      محبت کی راہوں میں آ کر تو د یکھو

محبت کی راہوں میں آ کر تو د یکھو

//////

•Last Chapter•

Jannat ran inside as soon as the car stopped in the garage, wiping her tears as they clouded her eyes and snatching off her jewellery.

Along with her, a star clashed against another star, fire, blood and smoke drifting in the galaxy above, the dark sky silent, hushed.

The door of their room opened with a loud bang, Ibraheem strode right next to her, his eyes hard, angry.

"Mil gaya sakoon? Jab ki thi bakwaas menay k yey nah pehno tau kiyun tau kyun pehna?"
( Are you happy now? When I said dont wear it then why did you?)

Jannat wanted to yell at him about how it was her choice what she wore, how he isn't her dad or brother to order her like this but in her state of mind, she accepted it. It was her fault, she should've listened to him. But she was angry at the world.

" Jab aisay kapray Zoya pehnti hai tab tau boht pasand aatay hain."
(You like it when Zoya wears such clothes.)

Her words were bitter, so against her nature but Jannat was exactly that in the moment. Against herself.

" How long will it take for you to realise that you wronged me?How long until you finally stop acting like it's my fault, stop acting like I am punishing you? You are the one who hurt me, Ibraheem. First you, then Azlaan and now you again. What's wrong with me? Why can't anyone just like me? And that Zoya, she-"

She continued speaking without thinking for once.

"Azlaan didn't do anything."
His words stopped every movement in her body, eyes flying up to meet his as they widened in disbelief and curiosity.

He rubbed the bridge of his nose with his pointer finger and his thumb, closing his eyes as if in pain.
"He didn't cheat on you or anything. He was with the boys the whole night, they were having some sort of bachelor party. I wasn't there. But I talked to him after you broke the eng- Why are you looking at me like that?"

For a moment, the fire died down due to the harsh wind but as the wind whispered away, the fire came alive again, with more fervour than ever.

Her mouth was agape as she watched him with disbelief and pain written all over her face. How exactly did he think she will react after hearing him say this? And how could she believe it?

" He did it. He apologised to me."

Ibraheem rubbed his face with his hands,
"He didn't do it. He wanted clear it up with you but then he came to know about...us. He decided he needed to back off and it was better if you do it yourself."