The One Where He Doesn't Effect Her

//////

//////

نازکی ان کے لب کی کیا کہیے
پنکھری اک گلاب کی سی ہے

/////.

Her hair were in a messy braid, lone strands framing her face and some caressing her neck. Wearing a maroon shalwar kameez and a black dupatta hanging from her neck, Jannat sat on the carpet near her mother and Mami, sipping the warm tea.

She talked with Zoya and Dua who were sitting beside her when her Mami said,

" Why don't you make Ibraheem marry Jannat?"

Jannat froze as Dua lightly tapped her shoulder with her own, the tea threatening to spill.

"But he is so much older than her!", Zoya mused.

Her protest was maybe because she sided with Jannat or maybe she had her eyes in someone in particular.

Her Mami clapped a hand in the air to shush her daughter,

"So what? Young women turn men on. Haye.It must he hard for him."

Both her Ammi and Mami looked at each other and cackled loudly, both laughing at the not so hilarious innuendo.

Jannat's face turned cherry red as she eyed her Ammi, trying to hide her face in the mug of chai. She smacked Dua on her arm when she, too, started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?", Zoya asked Dua.

"Haven't you noticed, our Jannat sahiba starts blushing as soon as someone says Ibraheem.", Dua filled Zoya in but when Zoya looked at Jannat curiously, Jannat smacked Dua again.

"She's just joking. She keeps assuming stuff by herself."

Then, Dua leaned in and slowly whispered, "Really?"

And Jannat smiled a fake smile, her lips pinched and teeth not visible,

"Yes. Your brother or his name don't effect me at all."

Jannat rolled her eyes when Dua sighed,

"Haye. Kya khwaab thay meray.( Oh! What dreams I had.) "

///////////

She was going to her window to assure that her flowers were safe, dressed in a white bathrobe since she had just came out of shower, when the someone knocked on her door.