The One Where She Is Shy

////////

"Mjhe pasand hain thoray maghroor aur badmezaaj mard. Jo har larki k aagay peechay nahi ghoomtay. Apna dil hathaili par liye nahi ghoomtay. Jinki nazar mai gussa aur awaaz mai roab ho. Aur jiska dil sirf aik larki k liye pighlay. "

-Someone on twitter.

////////

Everyone around a cackling bonfire in the lawn before they went to bed, warm cups of chai and hot chocolates being served.

In a sea green soft shalwar kameez that she wore to sleep in, Jannat served the chai to her Mamu.

Taking another cup of chai she stepped towards Ibraheem and bent a little,

"Your chai, Ibraheem bhai."

Everyone stilled and slowly turned their heads to look at Ibraheem.

Ibraheem's eyebrows raised, the orange of the fire being reflected by his eyes and then he bit his lower lip, slowly shaking his head.

For a second, Jannat was confused. Then suddenly she remembered, blushing furiously as she smacked her forehead, yelling 'sorry' as she ran quickly handed him his tea and sat in the farthest corner among her friends.

Later that evening, the same topic was brought up and everyone laughed again. Teasing and calling Ibraheem 'bhai' again and again. Even little Hadi started calling him bhai and Ibraheem plugged his ears with his fingers mockingly.

Then Haris joked,

"Imagine it's their wedding night. Jannat is sitting on the bed as Ibraheem bhai enters and stubs his toe and she says ,' be careful, Ibraheem bhai!' HAHAHAHAHA!!"

All the cousins laughed loudly, some slapping their knees and the others spitting their teas out of their mouths in laughter.

Ibraheem turned towards Jannat who sat beside him slowly whispering,

"Goli maar dun ga, agar aisa karnay ka socha bhi tau."
(I'll shoot if you even think about doing something like this.)

And what could Jannat do better than blushing?

////////

In the empty hall in the upper left side of the house a pile of blankets and mattresses were laid. The cousins had decided to have a sleepover together.

In the middle of the night, Jannat woke up, her mint green shalwar kameez crumbled but her hair still soft like silk, a few strands messily caressing her face.

With sleepy eyes, she walked between the mattresses to go the the kitchen when her hand was pulled, pulling her into a mattress as a hand wrapped around her mouth.