The One Where She Is Nervous

بتاؤ نہ ہم لگتے تھے کیسے تمہیں تو یعد ہے نہ ہنسنا ہمار

تمہیں تو یعد ہے نہ ہنسنا ہمار

//////////

"lathay di chadar utay salayti rung mahiyaa.."

Traditional wedding songs were sung as the girls sat around the dholki, some standing behind them to prepare for the upcoming dance performance.

On the day of Jannat's Rasm-e-Henna, the main hall was turned into a stage where a dance floor was set. They had decided to have the Mehndi done at their house because everyone wanted to dance and stay up all night, which was not possible in a hotel. However, it was an only girls functions, the men were celebrating Ibraheem's Bachelor party somewhere in a hotel.

Among the sheer champagne curtains and the sweet smelling daisies, Jannat sat on the sofa, dressed in a light pink heavy bridal lehnga and a golden dupatta draped over head. The pink in her dress and the soft white shades in the flowers made it look like a fairytale.

With the lightest hints of make up and messy up-do, Jannat looked ethereal with the gajras around her arms.

When the lights dimmed suddenly and the girls came out, Jannat was shocked to see them dressed scantily, well at least her degree of scanty.

Zoya, Huriya and Amna were dressed in large red lehnga's and their tops where a little too small, exposing their midriffs and half of their backs.

 Everyone watched as they danced their practiced moves and when they took a final bow, loud hoots and laughter echoed in the hall

Everyone watched as they danced their practiced moves and when they took a final bow, loud hoots and laughter echoed in the hall. Everyone turned around to look at the back of the hall where Haris and Ali stood, draped in large green dupatta's hiding their faces in ghunghats.

Her Mami grabbed their ears, every girl started shouted at them from the invasion when the main doors opened suddenly and loud band followed by a swarm of dancing men entered the hall.